Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you heard it here first

you heard it here first

the cardinals are not seeing 1st place again this season.

the reds will win all 3 series on this west coast trip.

they will continue to beat up on our weak schedule.

the reds will shock the world and win 2/3 against the cards no matter who they put on the mound.

there is no jinx or curse that will derail this team.

they are just flat out better than the cards

i dont care if they do have a losing record against the cards, the cards just are way too inconsistent and dont show up to every game.

this team brings it every inning of every game and will not be denied.

this may sound crazy but im so confident in this team that i dont think they will lose another series for the ret of the year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: you heard it here first

i hope your right. but i see us losing the dodger series for some reason

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Next you're going to be telling me we're going to win 100 games.

Tell me that. 32-11?

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post

the reds will shock the world and win 2/3 against the cards no matter who they put on the mound.

i dont care if they do have a losing record against the cards, the cards just are way too inconsistent and dont show up to every game.

this may sound crazy but im so confident in this team that i dont think they will lose another series for the ret of the year.
    Dear Webbj:

Please refer to the "Anti Jinx" Thread. The baseball gods do not reward the hubris of a small market fan base.

Brisco

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Well, we hit a few HR's last night, but we also got back to getting key hits, stealing bases, bunting, squeeze bunting..........it was nice to see.

If they continue to not swing for the fence all the time and do the little things, I think can do it.

In Tuesday's game, I think their early runs came on manufactured runs too. They have to keep that up to cross the finish line ahead of the Cards.

This reminds me of Coach's reply from Friday Night Lights when his QB thought they were cursed..It actually does have substance and make sense..Especially with him saying curses are self imposed and with the way these guys are playing, I just don't see how any negativity will stain this team, after what these guys have done all season.The Reds as a team are not obsessed with what happened against the Cardinals(ejections, suspensions, sweep), but a week and a half later, the Cardinals and their base haven't been able to walk away from it.

"It took me a long timeto realize that, uh,
    there ain't much difference between winnin' and losin', except for how the outside world treats you. But inside you,it's about all the same.
    It really is.Fact of the matter is, I believe that, uh, our only curses are the ones that are self-imposed.You know what I'm sayin'?We, all of us, dig our own holes." (Billy Bob Thornton-FNL)

One key thing needs to happen in my opinion. Gomes needs to become a pinch hitter.

Left field should be split between Nix, Heisey and Edmonds the rest of the way. Johnny just can't get it going, even against weaker opponents when everyone else gets on a roll. And the improved defense of Nix/Heisey/Edmonds will help the pitching staff as well. He's been basically awful since the end of May.

Can we just take it 1 game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves. There is a lot of baseball left and a lot of things can happen. We are all confident, but let's just enjoy the ride.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Can we just take it 1 game at a time and not get ahead of ourselves. There is a lot of baseball left and a lot of things can happen. We are all confident, but let's just enjoy the ride.
    This ^^^^^^. Chavez Ravine scares me. It seems the Reds never play well there. Lets take it a game at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    im sorry for the foreshadowing and was probably a little over the top i was just so excited about last nites win. but honestly i look at the schedule and expect the reds to win every series the rest of the way. i know that wont happen and one of these teams will take me by surprise

Just win 3 out of every 5 the rest of the way and that will be enough. Win most series, at least split the even numbered ones and everthing will be fine.

I've been a believer all year, but taking 2 of 3 at Chavez Ravine will be a large task - given our recent track record there. Love the optimism though. I just spent time reading the game threads from last night. There's still a few Reds fans who could use a big dose of your optimism.

im sorry for the foreshadowing and was probably a little over the top i was just so excited about last nites win. but honestly i look at the schedule and expect the reds to win every series the rest of the way. i know that wont happen and one of these teams will take me by surprise
    I am with you, my expectations are very high. And last night was awesome. But baseball is a funny game and it does funny things, and typically as soon as you get to high or too confident it has a way of slapping you back down. See the Cardinals after they swept us.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I hear that the Reds and Cubs players had a get together during the series where the Cubs hitters who feast on Carpenter and Wainwright gave tips and pointers on how to beat those guys.

It's going to be a whole different ballgame this time around.

Reds are playing great baseball. I'm interested to see Chapman on a major league mound.

Turn Off Ads?