Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...iz-from-Astros


    might as well forget them playoff plans.. this deal will bring them to the top.. LOL

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    I really don't see this helping them all that much, hope im right.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midland Texas
    Posts
    553

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Ha Ha. How much better than Felipe will he be at third? Not Much. No big deal.

  5. #4
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    YAWN.

    Looks like a desperation move to me. To appease Tony Crybaby Larussa and their fans, who've been complaining and ridiculing Lopez in the media.........the way Larussa handles everything. He can't shut up and he's been singling Lopez out in print.

    This will be good for team chemistry. Lopez probably feels like crud, will be whining behind the scenes and creating a rift in the clubhouse.

    Of course, pretty much none of Larussa's players like him anyway, and I think it has alot to do with their inability to be consistent. Clubhouse and chemistry problems is my reasoning that they struggle at times.

    Just my $.02 cents.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  6. #5
    Member Knightro28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    141

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Not trying to make excuses for Feliz, but when you go from the Phillies (WS appearances two years in a row) to the Astros, that might take some urgency / energy out of your game... Possibly getting back into a pennant chase might reinvigorate him?

    But even if he was "reinvigorated," he's still nothing to be scared of. Especially offensively.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    Not trying to make excuses for Feliz, but when you go from the Phillies (WS appearances two years in a row) to the Astros, that might take some urgency / energy out of your game... Possibly getting back into a pennant chase might reinvigorate him?

    But even if he was "reinvigorated," he's still nothing to be scared of. Especially offensively.
    He wasnt all that good with the Phillies, and now hes 35 walking less than ever, hitting for less power than ever. It might work out but it would be a big surprise to me.

  8. #7
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    YAWN.

    Looks like a desperation move to me. To appease Tony Crybaby Larussa and their fans, who've been complaining and ridiculing Lopez in the media.........the way Larussa handles everything. He can't shut up and he's been singling Lopez out in print.

    This will be good for team chemistry. Lopez probably feels like crud, will be whining behind the scenes and creating a rift in the clubhouse.

    Of course, pretty much none of Larussa's players like him anyway, and I think it has alot to do with their inability to be consistent. Clubhouse and chemistry problems is my reasoning that they struggle at times.

    Just my $.02 cents.
    ya say what ya want about dusty but he never calls guys out in the media.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    reds4life.com
    Posts
    75

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    ima laugh if hes the one that helps the cards beat us next time. I wouldn't brag until its over guys. just saying.

  10. #9
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    ima laugh if hes the one that helps the cards beat us next time. I wouldn't brag until its over guys. just saying.
    Phillips already told Hal McCoy he hates Feliz and thinks he's a whiny you know what.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    336

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    God Feliz sucks. I think he is a significant downgrade offensively from Felipe.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grantham, PA
    Posts
    281

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Good trade for both teams. Feliz can be streaky and he could play a big part in getting the Cards hot again. Hopefully for the Reds, this doesn't happen.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    If this is an upgrade at all, it's only slightly. Thanks for scaring me with the thread title though.

  14. #13
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    596

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Pedro Feliz is what happens when your farm system isn't producing and you overpay of a handful of elite players.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    740

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Pedro Feliz is what happens when your farm system isn't producing and you overpay of a handful of elite players.
    Lets not get carried away here. Feliz just played in 2 World Series' and until this season would be considered a much better backup than Cairo. Going to a winning team will probably help his production unfortunately.

    Who exactly do the Cards overpay? I'd say the Reds overpay their top players moreso than the Cards.

  16. #15
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    596

    Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

    Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Lets not get carried away here. Feliz just played in 2 World Series' and until this season would be considered a much better backup than Cairo. Going to a winning team will probably help his production unfortunately.

    Who exactly do the Cards overpay? I'd say the Reds overpay their top players moreso than the Cards.
    You may be right and Feliz may go on a tear, but with the season he has had, both on defense and at the plate, I think the odds are long. With a -2.1 UZR and .555 OPS he will have to vastly improve to give the help the Cards need at 3B.

    Who do they overpay? Matt Holliday is who I was thinking of. I elevate the Harang/Lohse deals to bad contracts, not just overpayment.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25