Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...iz-from-Astros

might as well forget them playoff plans.. this deal will bring them to the top.. LOL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hold on to your butts.. The Cards made a big trade

I really don't see this helping them all that much, hope im right.

Ha Ha. How much better than Felipe will he be at third? Not Much. No big deal.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

YAWN.

Looks like a desperation move to me. To appease Tony Crybaby Larussa and their fans, who've been complaining and ridiculing Lopez in the media.........the way Larussa handles everything. He can't shut up and he's been singling Lopez out in print.

This will be good for team chemistry. Lopez probably feels like crud, will be whining behind the scenes and creating a rift in the clubhouse.

Of course, pretty much none of Larussa's players like him anyway, and I think it has alot to do with their inability to be consistent. Clubhouse and chemistry problems is my reasoning that they struggle at times.

Just my $.02 cents.

Not trying to make excuses for Feliz, but when you go from the Phillies (WS appearances two years in a row) to the Astros, that might take some urgency / energy out of your game... Possibly getting back into a pennant chase might reinvigorate him?

But even if he was "reinvigorated," he's still nothing to be scared of. Especially offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    Not trying to make excuses for Feliz, but when you go from the Phillies (WS appearances two years in a row) to the Astros, that might take some urgency / energy out of your game... Possibly getting back into a pennant chase might reinvigorate him?

But even if he was "reinvigorated," he's still nothing to be scared of. Especially offensively.
    He wasnt all that good with the Phillies, and now hes 35 walking less than ever, hitting for less power than ever. It might work out but it would be a big surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    YAWN.

Looks like a desperation move to me. To appease Tony Crybaby Larussa and their fans, who've been complaining and ridiculing Lopez in the media.........the way Larussa handles everything. He can't shut up and he's been singling Lopez out in print.

This will be good for team chemistry. Lopez probably feels like crud, will be whining behind the scenes and creating a rift in the clubhouse.

Of course, pretty much none of Larussa's players like him anyway, and I think it has alot to do with their inability to be consistent. Clubhouse and chemistry problems is my reasoning that they struggle at times.

Just my $.02 cents.
    ya say what ya want about dusty but he never calls guys out in the media.

ima laugh if hes the one that helps the cards beat us next time. I wouldn't brag until its over guys. just saying.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    ima laugh if hes the one that helps the cards beat us next time. I wouldn't brag until its over guys. just saying.
    Phillips already told Hal McCoy he hates Feliz and thinks he's a whiny you know what.

God Feliz sucks. I think he is a significant downgrade offensively from Felipe.

Good trade for both teams. Feliz can be streaky and he could play a big part in getting the Cards hot again. Hopefully for the Reds, this doesn't happen.

If this is an upgrade at all, it's only slightly. Thanks for scaring me with the thread title though.

Pedro Feliz is what happens when your farm system isn't producing and you overpay of a handful of elite players.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDoux View Post
    Pedro Feliz is what happens when your farm system isn't producing and you overpay of a handful of elite players.
    Lets not get carried away here. Feliz just played in 2 World Series' and until this season would be considered a much better backup than Cairo. Going to a winning team will probably help his production unfortunately.

Who exactly do the Cards overpay? I'd say the Reds overpay their top players moreso than the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Lets not get carried away here. Feliz just played in 2 World Series' and until this season would be considered a much better backup than Cairo. Going to a winning team will probably help his production unfortunately.

Who exactly do the Cards overpay? I'd say the Reds overpay their top players moreso than the Cards.
    You may be right and Feliz may go on a tear, but with the season he has had, both on defense and at the plate, I think the odds are long. With a -2.1 UZR and .555 OPS he will have to vastly improve to give the help the Cards need at 3B.

Who do they overpay? Matt Holliday is who I was thinking of. I elevate the Harang/Lohse deals to bad contracts, not just overpayment.

Turn Off Ads?