Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Respectfully to All

Respectfully to All

To Boss, Gik, the Mods.

I want to put this as respectfully as possible but I think we all know I'm not at my best communicating with the written/typed word so if it comes off any other way please consider this.

I would like those in charge to re-consider the ban of FCB.

I apologize in advance if this isn't/can't be up for debate but If it helps for us to give our opinion on the subject I don't want to miss out on the opportunity. If it's not for us to opine on I understand also. But he's been a long time member and though an abrasive one at times he's one who makes the board a better one IMO. He could certainly take a cue from this to change his approach some, as alot should (myself included). I know I have learned a lesson from it.

In the end RZ isn't just a message board...at least it didn't used to be. It's a family and good families don't shun the black sheep they accept them, tell them to tone it down, maybe even get into a good fistfight with them until they get it thru their heads but they don't turn their backs altogether. Do whatever ya gotta do to to assure yourselves the problems won't persist with FCB just don't ban the guy permanently. I promise not to help get him in hot water in the future if that helps any.

Also it should probably be noted that his disagreements with most of us are just semantics on both ends. It just gets to a point where each side is overstating the issue and thus causing more people to enter the fray which no doubt causes the chaos that got him banned (I assume). If we agree to the fact that this staff isn't quite as good as we'd like to hope it is (it's not) and he can agree that it's not just marginally better but obviously good enough to help us make the playoffs (it is) then we should be able to put this whole thing to rest.

I'd hate to be permanently banned from here that would really suck.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 08-20-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Respectfully to All

He was on my ignore list. Im certainly not losing sleep.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Not sure what he did/said, but I for one, miss the old rascal.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I enjoyed FCB and his posts, probably more then others, but the fact is that he received numerous warnings for his antics and never heeded any of them. Ultimately I can't argue with the decision.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I have always enjoyed reading and disagreeing with his posts. I'm mostly just a long time lurker though.

If you enjoy the stylings of FCB, there's always the Peanut Gallery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

But what if we dont enjoy the peanut gallery?

As is often the case with any ban, there's a lot of things that went on behind the scenes, but that is particularly true in this case. I don't think it's appropriate to go into details other than to say many of the things you suggested were already done, often repeatedly, and the person involved was certainly made aware of our concerns. The only thing I have left to say on this matter is that people should keep that in mind when they only get one side of the story. The admins and moderators made a collective decision on this and we will stand by that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    As is often the case with any ban, there's a lot of things that went on behind the scenes, but that is particularly true in this case. I don't think it's appropriate to go into details other than to say many of the things you suggested were already done, often repeatedly, and the person involved was certainly made aware of our concerns. The only thing I have left to say on this matter is that people should keep that in mind when they only get one side of the story. The admins and moderators made a collective decision on this and we will stand by that decision.
    Fair enough Boss I can't say I agree (not that I need to I suppose) but I understand your stance on the matter and will respect your and the mods decision. I just hope in the future at some point you change your minds about it.

FCB and I haven't seen many things eye to eye and at times I have taken some shots at the guy but it was never personal and I didn't think stuff like that would lead to something like this. Hope all of us learn something from this I hate to see anyone else banned for good.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

In the ten years i've posted here since Redszone was started, I don't think there has ever been a more questioned ban of an individual. Some of that may be attributed to the quality of FCB's posts and some of it may be due to the existence of the Peanut Gallery.

Here is a link to the Peanut Gallery thread for those want a more in depth look at what is going on:

http://lastperson.suncircle.org/inde...ic,1154.0.html

My suggestion is that FCB should look into starting a blog. There is freedom in posting at the discretion of the writer and FCB's writings would likely attract a following from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    On a related note, Boss, have you ever considered demoting someone back to the Sun Deck in situations like these as opposed to banning? Letting FCB irritate the Sun Deckers seems like an appropriate punishment for all involved
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    On a related note, Boss, have you ever considered demoting someone back to the Sun Deck in situations like these as opposed to banning? Letting FCB irritate the Sun Deckers seems like an appropriate punishment for all involved
    It doesn't happen often but there have been a couple of posters who we felt clearly were consistently posting below the quality we'd expect to find in the ORG. In these cases, rather than sweep the problem under the rug and "demoting" them, we've told the users why and got rid of them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

All I know is that Redszone has been a much less interesting place since FCB's ban.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    All I know is that Redszone has been a much less interesting place since FCB's ban.
    Gotta agree with you there. I may be in the minority but I definitely enjoyed reading his posts and his thoughts on the Reds.

The dunces are all in confederacy against me. Nothing new.
    How can you not love that?

For me personally, the more outlandish a post FCB made, the more I enjoyed it. I don't agree with a bunch of things said here, and often disagreed with FCB, but I found his posts generally entertaining and with a unique insight that no one else on this site really brings to the table.

I like the idea of making him post in the SD for the rest of the season. I would actually read it for once.

I know I don't have a vote, but if I did, I would vote to bring the guy back.

Turn Off Ads?