Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Disney Trip Suggestions

Disney Trip Suggestions

Hey Folks. My wife and I are considering taking our 3 kids to Disney World Florida over the holidays, since we are long past due for a vacation. It's been a tough year on the kids as we've lost both of my parents, whom they were very close to.

But, there a million packages out there for trips, and of course if you don't know what you're doing you can lose your pants on them. Anyone have any experience with Disney trips and where I can find a good solid trip package?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Disney Trip Suggestions

I cant give you advice on packages but the best advice I can give you is definitely look into the Fast Pass system because it will literally save you hours waiting in line for the rides. Also make it a point to get there as the park opens which I believe is usually 9am. We get there right as the park opens because the crowds are usually very small compared to what the rest of the day will be. We can ride like 4 rides from 9am to 10 am when later in the day we might be lucky to ride 2 rides in the same time span.

Also Disney food is not cheap.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I've been to Walt Disney World close to 20 times since 1999, and am a Disney travel agent on the side. PM me and I can give you details on the best packages, and some tips on where to eat, how to avoid waiting in lines and other suggestions.

Agreed with everything that George said.

I would suggest you stay on Disney property. That allows you to park for free at the parks or use Disney transportation. It also gives you access to Extra Magic Hours, and if you take advantage of those you can get a lot of rides in quickly. Obviously it's also just much closer and more convenient.

You can save a lot of money by not getting Park Hoppers. If you're going to be there four or five days you can get by without Park Hoppers. You have less flexibility, but you save money and time transiting between parks.

Finally, it is pricey but I love the Disney Dining Plan. The food is a big appeal of Disney for me. With the dining plan you can eat like a king. But I've never had to pay for more than one plan, so if I were taking a family that might not be feasible.

Just some thoughts.

I would suggest you stay on Disney property. That allows you to park for free at the parks or use Disney transportation. It also gives you access to Extra Magic Hours, and if you take advantage of those you can get a lot of rides in quickly. Obviously it's also just much closer and more convenient.
    This.

definitely look into the Fast Pass system because it will literally save you hours waiting in line for the rides. Also make it a point to get there as the park opens which I believe is usually 9am. We get there right as the park opens because the crowds are usually very small compared to what the rest of the day will be. We can ride like 4 rides from 9am to 10 am when later in the day we might be lucky to ride 2 rides in the same time span.
    And also all these.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I'm going to recommend www.mousesavers.com as an amazing website that will give you a ton of information.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

If you're looking for a discussion board, check out the dis boards

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I went through a Disney Planner this year. She was free and planned everything for us and got an amazing deal that was cheaper than our usual trip to Myrtle Beach. PM me if you are interested in getting in contact with her.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

I am currently looking to book a trip to one of the Villa resorts. Anyone have any info one way or the other on any of the properties?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I am currently looking to book a trip to one of the Villa resorts. Anyone have any info one way or the other on any of the properties?
    I replied to your PM.

Turn Off Ads?