Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone catch La Russa's rant after the Cards' loss tonight?

Anyone catch La Russa's rant after the Cards' loss tonight?

Last edited by ochre; 08-21-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: fixed url

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone catch La Russa's rant after the Cards' loss tonight?

Classic
    2009 Redszone MLB Mock Draft

1st Round - Steven Strasburg

1st Round - Matt Purke

2nd Round - Brett Jackson

3rd Round - Kent Matthes

What a sundeck.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

he should be more worried about his team. they are lifeless right now with the exception of maybe pujols.

Every time he whines he just validates everything Brandon said.And I'm sure the umpires in the future will be ready to give him those close calls based upon his words of wisdom.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Every time he whines like that he just sundecks his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Every time he whines he just validates everything Brandon said.And I'm sure the umpires in the future will be ready to give him those close calls based upon his words of wisdom.
    He doesn't care. He's Tony La Russa. Not only does he have two last names, but he invented baseball, by God. Just ask him.

wanna hear something funny..

cardsfan wrote:...no passion. Folks lets face it, the Reds are going to win the division and our players will be sitting on boat seats casting fishing poles come the playoffs. none, I hate the REDS, I literally hate them. I hope they fall apart by injuries time the playoffs come.

The link seems to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The link seems to be broken.
    The link works for me still. Takes you to a story with La Russa whining.

Ahh, I got it now.

TLR is gone after this season if they fail to make the playoffs. A good number of people in St. Louis are tired of some of the things he does. I have been objective when it comes to LaRussa most of the season but I just think he is worn out and its showing on this club. I don't know who they will get to replace him but he is gone. Mark my words.

Of course Brandon was right. Everyone here who's not a Cardinals fan pretty much knows Brandon was right, even if they would have phrased it a little different.

Whether he should have said it is another thing.

Whether it actually made any difference in that series or not is another thing still.

But yep, that's Tony LaRussa at his finest, and much of the reason for the Cardinals whining probably comes from the example he sets.

Think maybe if your team had gotten a key hit or two earlier in the game you maybe wouldn't have had to wait until the 9th inning and be at the mercy of an umpire who just wants to pick on you Tony?

Well, the only interesting thing to watch on this Cardinals team right now is Albert going for the triple crown which is amazing considering he is having an off year. Also, him two away from 400 hrs.

Also, Adam Wainwright going for the Cy Young too.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Well, the only interesting thing to watch on this Cardinals team right now is Albert going for the triple crown which is amazing considering he is having an off year. Also, him two away from 400 hrs.

Also, Adam Wainwright going for the Cy Young too.
    Still a ways to go, but I've gotta think Wainwright is the leader for the Cy Young. ESPN seems to think so too with their Cy Young predictor model having him at the top. Halladay is second though, and he pitched another gem tonight. Ubaldo Jimenez is down to 4th, behind Heath Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye fly View Post
    Still a ways to go, but I've gotta think Wainwright is the leader for the Cy Young. ESPN seems to think so too with their Cy Young predictor model having him at the top. Halladay is second though, and he pitched another gem tonight. Ubaldo Jimenez is down to 4th, behind Heath Bell.
    Yup, that's about all we have going for us now. This is the worst team I've seen the Cards put together in years. Good for Cincy. There are a few of your fans I can't stand--RedBlooded, I'm looking at you. But i know you're a historically solid baseball town, and I wish you well, should you solidify the division over the next few weeks.

Turn Off Ads?