Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Last 5 of this road trip: the real nitty gritty

Last 5 of this road trip: the real nitty gritty

The highest ERA pitcher we face is Billingsley tomorrow: with all of a 3.66 ERA. A lot of tough pitchers coming up:

Billingsley - 3.66 ERA
    Kershaw - 3.03 ERA
    Cain - 3.11 ERA
    Sanchez - 3.47 ERA
    Bumgarner - 3.20 ERA

4-0 is impressive, but we're just getting into the thick of things now. If we can have a winning record over the final 5 games left on this road trip with this type of pitching we're going again, it would be extremely impressive.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Last 5 of this road trip: the real nitty gritty

I agree. I am glad we are 4-0 on this trip but, it doesn't stop here. we got to take at least 2 in this series and have a split in the san fran series and I will be happy.

How would there be a split in the San Fran series?

sorry, I meant 2 of 3 against them. these late nights are getting to me.

looks like 5 wins

We're playing good baseball right now, and our pitching staff really has it going too. Bring on some tougher pitchers and competition, it's all you face in the playoffs (hoping we get there).

The way we're playing now, I'm confident everytime they take the field.

I'd be ok if the finished the trip 6-3
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    sorry, I meant 2 of 3 against them. these late nights are getting to me.
    So after sweeping AZ and taking the 1st one against LAD (after losing 12 in a row there), you won't be happy with the West Coast roadtrip overall unless we finish by winning the Dodger & Giants series? Winning all three WC series at a 7-2 clip?

Boy, Reds fans are getting tough.....

I would be satisfied with 2-3 (3-3 overall vs LA & SF) to be honest. I just hope Cincinnati doesn't go 1-4, 0-5...

Quote Originally Posted by cincyforever View Post
    I would be satisfied with 2-3 (3-3 overall vs LA & SF) to be honest. I just hope Cincinnati doesn't go 1-4, 0-5...
    Don't you think that's setting the bar a little low? Don't have their schedule in front of me, but minus that St. Louis series...the only loss I can even think of is one to Pittsburgh. That's over a pretty large period of time.

Maybe I'm just way too optimistic, but I really feel like we are going to win whenever we go out there. The thought of finishing this trip 0-5 never even came to mind.

Billingsley - 3.66 ERA vs. Cueto
    Kershaw - 3.03 ERA vs. Arroyo
    Cain - 3.11 ERA vs. Volquez
    Sanchez - 3.47 ERA vs. Wood
    Bumgarner - 3.20 ERA vs. Bailey

Yes, all 5 remaining games will be tough. Billingsley was roughed up in his last start and lefties hit him well. If Cueto is on then I like the Reds chances tonight. Kershaw is very good at home and will need Arroyo to throw a gem. This will most likely be a low scoring game and hopefully the Reds don't get shut out again on a Sunday afternoon.

The matchup with Cain does not look good as Cain pitches very well at home and has a complete game shutout against the Reds earlier in the year. The Giants throw two lefties in Sanchez and Bumgarner. Both are beatable and with Wood and Bailey throwing well the Reds could win em' both. Prediction: 2 wins and 3 losses for a 6-3 west coast road trip which would be excellent!

Cain will be a very good test tomorrow night. Look for the left handed hitting outfield to get the nod. The Reds also need Edinson Volquez to pitch like he is capable and bounce back from a rough outing in Arizona.

Cain pitched awesome against us in Cincy.. it might to our advantage that we have saw him this season already.. it help us get a couple of runs off of kershaw

I think a 7-2 West Coast trip would be lovely. Reds have been showing their true colors since the Cards series

Turn Off Ads?