Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The next roster decision

Re: The next roster decision

I see no reason to keep Leake rotting in the bullpen at this point. Send him down to Louisville ala Wood and let him work out of the pen down there, where it is a lot more easy to get guys work according to a plan rather than trying to get him work in the middle of a pennant race.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Heisey go. His playing time has been virtually non-existent since Edmonds showed up.
    This is what I was thinking, too. I'd hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Rehab assignment, recall after rosters expand in 10 days.

That's an easy one.
    Easier said than done. I think a player has to agree to go on a rehab assignment. I think if OCab feels he's ready to go, he's not going down to the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Heisey go. His playing time has been virtually non-existent since Edmonds showed up.
    I'll bet that's the move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I see no reason to keep Leake rotting in the bullpen at this point. Send him down to Louisville ala Wood and let him work out of the pen down there, where it is a lot more easy to get guys work according to a plan rather than trying to get him work in the middle of a pennant race.
    That would work for me. Give him another start or two in AAA. He can do that and then go back to the bullpen and still be ok innings wise. His performance as a starter just won't matter as much in AAA as it would have with the Reds.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I'd be ok with Bray or Smith being sent down. Both most likely won't be on the post season roster anyway.

My prediction on the 25 man roster for the playoffs:

Cueto
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Bailey
    Wood
    Leake
    Chapman
    Rhodes
    Masset
    Ondrusek
    Cordero

Hanigan
    Hernendez

Votto
    Edmonds
    Phillips
    Cairo
    Cabrera
    Janish
    Rolen

Bruce
    Stubbs
    Gomes
    Nix
    Heisey

The way they talked last night on the radio, it appears he will not be ready until they get back home from the Giants series. I would not rush him with the play of Janish. Get him rested up for the stretch drive. We are going to need him. I think he stays on the 15 day DL until September 1.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I don't think he gets activated on Sunday.
    Why rush him back? Janish has been excellent. Send him on a rehab, ease him back into it.

The Red Sox thought Pedroia and Ellsbury were ready. They weren't, and now there's a big set back.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

No Edmonds for you Redleg?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    No Edmonds for you Redleg?
    I have Edmonds under Votto as a backup first basemen. 6 OFs is nuts

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    The way they talked last night on the radio, it appears he will not be ready until they get back home from the Giants series. I would not rush him with the play of Janish. Get him rested up for the stretch drive. We are going to need him. I think he stays on the 15 day DL until September 1.
    i agree.. but we are talking 10 days til September 1st..

I'm guessing we'll see Jordan Smith go down for the week. He's struggled in his last two innings and Leake can take his role no problem.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

No way it would be Heisey. He is too valuable a bat off the bench to lose for the playoffs. I agree with most here that they will send a pitcher down if the feel the need to activate Cabrera before Sept. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I'd be ok with Bray or Smith being sent down. Both most likely won't be on the post season roster anyway.

My prediction on the 25 man roster for the playoffs:

Cueto
    Arroyo
    Volquez
    Bailey
    Wood
    Leake
    Chapman
    Rhodes
    Masset
    Ondrusek
    Cordero

Hanigan
    Hernendez

Votto
    Edmonds
    Phillips
    Cairo
    Cabrera
    Janish
    Rolen

Bruce
    Stubbs
    Gomes
    Nix
    Heisey
    Exactly how I see it. I hope Edmonds only work comes as an OF though. Come play-off time I don't think Votto sits unless disaster has struck.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm guessing we'll see Jordan Smith go down for the week. He's struggled in his last two innings and Leake can take his role no problem.
    Performance wise, I think Smith goes down. I wouldn't be opposed to Leake going down to start and then simply shutting him down and going with Fisher, Smith or Bray. Play-off opposition may require an extra lefty. I'm not a huge Bray fan, but I'd rather have him in the pen than Leake if a team like Philly is the opponent.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm just giddy over the fact we actually have cause to debate a playoff roster.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Turn Off Ads?