Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    If the season ended the day the Reds, Philles, (Wildcard) Braves and Padres would make the playoffs. We would play the Braves with the Braves getting home field and the Padres would play the Phillies.

    Let me say this. I hope if we make the playoffs we play Atlanta in the first round. They, like us, have a rotation that does not have a dominant starter like a Halliday or Carpenter. We also should have atleast split the series in Atlanta and should have swept them in Cincy. I'm very much looking forward to the Padres series to see how we match up against them because I don't think you can go by an April series in Cincinnati.. That was way to long ago.

    One things for sure. I want no part of the Phillies in the first round.

    This all being said, we have in no way clinched anything and it's still very possible that we won't make the postseason.. I guess I'm a guy that just likes to look ahead.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    If the season ended the day the Reds, Philles, (Wildcard) Braves and Padres would make the playoffs. We would play the Braves with the Braves getting home field and the Padres would play the Phillies.

    Let me say this. I hope if we make the playoffs we play Atlanta in the first round. They, like us, have a rotation that does not have a dominant starter like a Halliday or Carpenter. We also should have atleast split the series in Atlanta and should have swept them in Cincy. I'm very much looking forward to the Padres series to see how we match up against them because I don't think you can go by an April series in Cincinnati.. That was way to long ago.

    One things for sure. I want no part of the Phillies in the first round.

    This all being said, we have in no way clinched anything and it's still very possible that we won't make the postseason.. I guess I'm a guy that just likes to look ahead.
    I feel the same way, I think we match up the best with the Braves.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    89

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Braves and Padres scare me. I would want to play Philly

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    I have a problem with facing Halliday two of the five games though.. I would rather take my chances with someone else.. The man is hardly touchable when he is on

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    179

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
    Braves and Padres scare me. I would want to play Philly
    Why would you rather face the Phillies?
    "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."
    - Yogi Berra

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    89

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Nevermind I just checked our 2010 record against philly. 2-5 puke

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    195

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    braves

    phillies are who id least like to face

  9. #8
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    416

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    I'm sorry,but I'm getting tired of these if threads.Still 40 games left.Sorry to come off like a grouch,but I hope to not to be reading ''IF we can manage to win games late and comeback and win the wildcard ''threads in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by AintlifeGrande; 08-21-2010 at 06:14 PM.

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northeast KY
    Posts
    873

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    I'm sorry,but I'm getting tired of these if threads.Still 40 games left.Sorry to come off like a grouch,but I hope to not to be reading ''IF we can manage to win games late and comeback and win the wildcard ''threads in a couple weeks.
    well don't read them if you don't like them.. i said IF a thousand times in my post.. I think its a valid question to ask people who they would want to play IF we made the playoffs.. I'm no way saying we have done enough to be in because we haven't

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Yeah I'd definetely want to play the Braves right now. They have good starting pitching, and a good bullpen, but nothing really scares me about them.

    The team I'd least want to play is the Phillies. We've been able to keep it close with them this year, but it seems like the Phils always find a way to win.

  12. #11
    takealeake
    Guest

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    well don't read them if you don't like them.. i said IF a thousand times in my post.. I think its a valid question to ask people who they would want to play IF we made the playoffs.. I'm no way saying we have done enough to be in because we haven't
    Too late you already jinxed us. Now when we don't make the playoffs its completely your fault!

  13. #12
    The Buckeye Bomber
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    391

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    In a five game series Atlanta is the best outcome. If you have to face Halladay twice in a series, you want seven games to best the Phillies in. Not 5.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

  14. #13
    Member 1990REDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    472

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    i feel like we could match up well with the braves, padres or giants. i want no part of philly. i hate to say it but i would also not feel very good about playing the cards in the playoffs either.

  15. #14
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    416

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Too late you already jinxed us. Now when we don't make the playoffs its completely your fault!

    Dang ya'll dont crucify me.I'm just a firm believer in one game at a time.

    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

    Padres
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25