Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NFL Season Discussion

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

2010 NFL Season Discussion

Discuss the 2010 NFL Season Here.

Last night was an awful setback for Tampa Bay (my team of choice), as starting QB Josh Freeman -- who was going into his 2nd year in the league and first full year as a starter -- broke the thumb on his throwing hand hitting a defender's helmet on his follow-through.

He'll miss the rest of the preseason and, I'm assuming, part of the regular season as well.

Not like the team was going to do much better than 5-11 or 6-10, but I was really hoping he'd get a lot of reps this year and find a rhythm to hopefully be competitive in 2011.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2010 NFL Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Discuss the 2010 NFL Season Here.

Last night was an awful setback for Tampa Bay (my team of choice), as starting QB Josh Freeman -- who was going into his 2nd year in the league and first full year as a starter -- broke the thumb on his throwing hand hitting a defender's helmet on his follow-through.

He'll miss the rest of the preseason and, I'm assuming, part of the regular season as well.

Not like the team was going to do much better than 5-11 or 6-10, but I was really hoping he'd get a lot of reps this year and find a rhythm to hopefully be competitive in 2011.
    Yeah I like Freeman, hated to see that happen to him. He was one of my fantasy sleepers, along with his WR Mike Williams now neither are looking good at least early on.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Packers offense IMO is going to be unstoppable this year

Brett Favre is back. That explains the 2010-2011 football season.

Going into this season with no expectations. My Bills aren't expected to win more then a few games, and they will probably live up to that.
    2010 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by aubashbrother View Post
    Packers offense IMO is going to be unstoppable this year
    Packers look unstoppable last summer too, going 4-0 as I recall. It kind of depends on their offensive line. Last year it fell apart. Can they protect Rodgers?

After last year, I'm hesitant to anoint the Packers just yet

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead View Post
    Going into this season with no expectations. My Bills aren't expected to win more then a few games, and they will probably live up to that.
    They will probably beat the Bengals though. Seriously, If there is one team, among the usual suspects that I want the Bengals to beat...it is the Bills.
    That team beats the Bengals no matter...who, what, where or when is on it for the last 10 years. Sick of it.

I would like them to really beat up on Tampa as well. That 2006 game still leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Woof! Woof! Woof!

Ours boys kick it off against each other, Caveat. Hate to see your QB go out, but my Browns need all the help they can get. Didn't Tampa lose a starting corner as well?
    Last edited by BoydsOfSummer; 09-12-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Worth The Wait

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead View Post
    2-14. No talent, and Gailey was an awful hire...I'd rank the Bills 32nd in organizatinal rankings right now...yep, behind the Lions and Raiders. Spiller will be the only silver lining.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

The Dolphins have a habit of surprising the pundits both ways. Hopefully this year it will be in a good way.
    But I'm not very optimistic. Sparano and Parcells may have run out of tricks.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    The Dolphins have a habit of surprising the pundits both ways. Hopefully this year it will be in a good way.
    But I'm not very optimistic. Sparano and Parcells may have run out of tricks.
    I'm optimistic but I always am. I think the Marshall acquisition will be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Too bad they dont have a QB worthy of throwing to him. Although I'm willing to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Too bad they dont have a QB worthy of throwing to him. Although I'm willing to be surprised.
    Not everyone can be Peyton Manning.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Merry Christmas, football fans!

2nd best opening day in sports of the year. Behind baseball, of course.

No one said he had to be. Just like everyone cant be Petyon Manning, everyone doesnt want Chad Henne.

I'd be surprised if Marshall has a big year because of his QB, and the offense they will likely run in Miami.

Turn Off Ads?