Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NFL Season Discussion

Re: 2010 NFL Season Discussion

Check this out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-269035

Hate ridiculous rules. Have fun trying to figure this one out. BTW, note our pal Thom with the call.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Check this out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-269035

Hate ridiculous rules. Have fun trying to figure this one out. BTW, note our pal Thom with the call.

Actually I have no problem with the rule, but I'm not sure if it was called right. He already had two feet down and then he was taking a third and fourth step when the ball was left on the field. It's a close call that could have gone either way so of course it went against the Lions.

I think Thom was slow to notice that it was no catch. Not his finest moment

Will Wade Phillips get fired tomorrow if the Cowboys lose? That play at the end of the first half was maybe the dumbest I've ever seen in an NFL game. It was career killing dumb.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Watching the Packers-Eagles game. Really finding myself liking the Eagles... they seem to have a lot to offer to buy my rooting interest.

Amazing what a full year of NFL conditioning and prep has done to bring the old Michael Vick back. Didn't look like the same guy from last year.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Looking forward to the Ravens @ Jets game tonight. I just wish both teams could lose. The Ravens obviously because they are division rivals, and the Jets because I'm already sick of their bandwagon fanbase that's come out of hiding in the past year. They were non-existent before Rex Ryan came along. Now they're seemingly everywhere up here. Ugh.

I am convinced the NFL actually granted the Jets an exemption that allows them 12 men on the field on defense.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

How terrible was the ending to the Jets game. Talk about knowing where you are on the field.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Arrowhead is rocking for this MNF game. Having Brad Nessler on the call makes it seem like a big-time college matchup instead of an NFL game.

Really wish they'd let him do more games. I'd greatly prefer him to Tirico on the main MNF crew.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    How terrible was the ending to the Jets game. Talk about knowing where you are on the field.
    I thought it was funny. But sometimes I'm easily amused.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I thought it was funny. But sometimes I'm easily amused.
    It was certainly funny to me also. I mean hes looking right at the 1st down marker.

What happened?
    I only caught about the 1st quarter of the game before I had to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    What happened?
    I only caught about the 1st quarter of the game before I had to leave.
    I think you should watch it, it's Keller fails to get 1st down.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009..._cp2#tab:watch
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Looking forward to the Ravens @ Jets game tonight. I just wish both teams could lose. The Ravens obviously because they are division rivals, and the Jets because I'm already sick of their bandwagon fanbase that's come out of hiding in the past year. They were non-existent before Rex Ryan came along. Now they're seemingly everywhere up here. Ugh.
    There are quite a few Jets diehards that just never had anything to cheer about. But that happens when you win. I'm sure there will be a lot of new Reds fans come playoff time, too.

However that bandwagon did fill up with some big talkers, didn't it. I think most of them are frustrated Mets fans.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Several teams who got a lot of preseason hype (Bengals, Chargers, Jets, Cowboys, etc) better be careful to avoid falling into an 0-2 hole.

It was certainly funny to me also. I mean hes looking right at the 1st down marker.
    That, and he should have also seen the yellow first down line on the field

Turn Off Ads?