Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you think of Jay Bruce

Re: what do you think of Jay Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Gomes is worth less than a replacement player. Sweet. Both Heisey and Nix have played much less than Bruce. If they had the same amount of playing time they might just have a higher WAR than Jay. Although that is speculative to a degree.
    Heisey might, but probably not nix mainly because of Nix track record suggest his bat would slip back a good chunk.

Bruce is gonna have to slump again to drop back down to 1.2 range. Like a month long slump type of slump. Given that hes been .825 at least OPS every month but july its probably not likely to happen again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Bruce has been over-hyped by the Reds organization. We fans have been starved for a winner so long that we've been willing to grasp at any morsel of hope. Bruce climbed the ladder of the minors so fast and was thrown into MLB as a savior for the Reds franchise. Trouble is, he's turned out to be a nice player with the typical problems most newcomers face in adjusting to MLB pitching. I'm not sure he will ever meet the unrealistic expectations most fans have for him.

Overrated by Reds fans, but still very young and has a lot of potential.

Less than 50 RBI's this late in the season is not good.

I remember an interview with Scott Rolen, he was saying how great he thought Jay Bruce was. Scott never passes compliments around unless he really believes he's great. I agree, however, I have been frustrated with his hitting, but from what I here, he really puts in a lot of time working on it, and I have seen improvements in his hitting as of late! I have even seen more confidence in his face, at the plate. You can tell alot about a batters confidence, by checking out his face and body language! GO JAY!!!

Still amazed at that Jay Bruce card collection. Well Done!

Johnny Cueto Fan

Nice collection of cards there. I used to collect but not much anymore. I would like to get back to it.

My opinion on Bruce is that he definitely needs to step it up. He is still young. His future is bright. Jay is frustrating to watch at times but other times seeing him with that cannon arm makes me think otherwise.

This guy is SO key to our team, as we head into September.

I don't have a number to quantify this, but when Bruce plays well, we are EXTREMELY hard to beat.

You know what you are getting out of Votto, Phillips, Rolen, etc, but add Bruce on TOP of that, and it's really a fantastic lineup.

Even when he's not hitting well, he doesn't let it affect his fielding.

Quote Originally Posted by juvey21 View Post
    Still amazed at that Jay Bruce card collection. Well Done!
    THANK YOU also I think the broken wrist has alot to do with the power shortage as I have heard that it really takes a good 2 years to heal up and get that strength back.

someothers to see

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/skywalker1010/

I love my cards and the REDS

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker View Post
    someothers to see

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l247/skywalker1010/

I love my cards and the REDS
    dude sick collection!! i've been out of the hobby for a year or two, unfortunately, but i feel the urge to get on ebay and buy some cards now...thanks a lot!

as for bruce, people need to remember he's only 23...big future ahead. patience pays

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

He should take note of Votto's at-bat in the ninth. Votto went opposite field on a 3-2 count.

Bruce would still have tried to pull the ball.

Enuff said.

Turn Off Ads?