Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaime Garcia

Jaime Garcia

I know he's a Cardinal, but his start was pretty interesting today. He almost faced the minimum batters(27), but he gave up a hit in the 9th with two outs. No, he didn't have a perfect game going, but it would still be pretty cool if he had faced the minimum amount of batters faced. Instead, he faced 28.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jaime Garcia

It was probably the best pitched game of the year by a Cardinal. Only 89 pitches too

I Love Birds

Amazing. I have Cardinals season tickets so I was at the game (hey, had to get my Chris Carpenter bobblehead too!) and I knew Garcia was pitching a great game, but with 2 outs in the 7th, I looked up to see his pitch total and did a double take when I saw 64 pitches. He finished the 7th with 67 pitches and, as was posted, finished the game in 89 pitches.

Impressive no matter who is on the mound, but by a rookie is even more special.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

He's pretty damn good, but his arm may fall off in September since they don't really have any off days.

lets hope that Giant offense shows up the next 3 games

I think Garcia will win ROY. Everyone is lucky that Latos pitched .6 innings too many last year or he would be a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    I think Garcia will win ROY. Everyone is lucky that Latos pitched .6 innings too many last year or he would be a lock.
    Latos would still have to finish strong, Garcia isn't that far off from him stat wise

Personally, I wouldn't care if all the following things occur.

1. Jaime Garica is NL Rookie of the Year

2. Adam Wainwright in the NL Cy Young award winner

3. Albert Pujols is the NL MVP

I kind of hate to say number 3, since Votto certainly deserves it, but the big one is coming up.....

4. The Cardinals finish in second place in the NL Central.:

If the reds win the division, Votto is pretty much a lock for MVP

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    He's pretty damn good, but his arm may fall off in September since they don't really have any off days.
    Yeah. I agree that he's legit.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice View Post
    If the reds win the division, Votto is pretty much a lock for MVP
    If Pujols gets the triple crown he wouldn't. Pujols currently leads in HR and RBI and is only .008 behind Votto, the leader, in average. I agree that whoever wins the division will have an advantage but I think Pujols' name is an advantage in itself as well.

Personally, I wouldn't care if all the following things occur.

1. Jaime Garica is NL Rookie of the Year

2. Adam Wainwright in the NL Cy Young award winner

3. Albert Pujols is the NL MVP

I kind of hate to say number 3, since Votto certainly deserves it, but the big one is coming up.....

4. The Cardinals finish in second place in the NL Central.
    And I would trade the first three for a playoff spot. Individual awards are great but they're just fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    If Pujols gets the triple crown he wouldn't. Pujols currently leads in HR and RBI and is only .008 behind Votto, the leader, in average. I agree that whoever wins the division will have an advantage but I think Pujols' name is an advantage in itself as well.

I actually think his name could be a disadvantage. I remember last football season people were talking about how they were tired of voting Peyton Manning MVP. The same might be true for baseball.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I hope Pujols wins the triple crown and the Cards miss the playoffs. That would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I hope Pujols wins the triple crown and the Cards miss the playoffs. That would be hilarious.
    I'd be crying and saying this is all someone elses fault. Then, LaRussa would be gone and Albert would leave after '11. If that scenario happened......eek:

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I actually think his name could be a disadvantage. I remember last football season people were talking about how they were tired of voting Peyton Manning MVP. The same might be true for baseball.
    It didn't hurt Bonds when he was getting votes year after year after year.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Turn Off Ads?