Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 U of L Football

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

2010 U of L Football

Are there any other Card fans out there? What do expect out of Charlie Strong? Can they beat Kentucky? Go bowling?

Personally, I think they should beat the Cats and go at least 6-6.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UofL Football Thread

Big UofL fan here. Not particularly optimistic about this year given what that guy we don't talk about left behind, but it seems like the program is moving in the right direction again.

UK should by all rights beat the Cards in week one, but they won't be nearly good enough to make that an automatic W (they almost never are). Beyond that, the non-conference slate is pretty soft, and this is probably not going to be the Big East's best year, so six wins seems imminently doable.

Living out of town, unfortunately my first look at the Cards in person will be November 6th in the Carrier Dome.

Devoted U of L fan here. My dad and I sat through the Weber years in Redbirds stadium. Really proud of the University for hiring Strong. He seems to be as classy as they come.

Hey Boston, nice to hear from a Cards fan up-east. I just remember as bad as UofL was last year, they had the UK game won before giving it away.

Charlie Strong just announced Adam Frohman as the starting QB. This should not come as a surprise to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Charlie Strong just announced Adam Frohman as the starting QB. This should not come as a surprise to anyone.
    It should say something about the quality of the QB that Cards fans can't even spell his name right. Given the talent level, I think anything beyond 4 wins will be a huge success for Coach Strong. I'm just hoping that they're competitive and eliminate the stupid mistakes of the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    It should say something about the quality of the QB that Cards fans can't even spell his name right.
    Ummm, I believe this post will be the first instance of any UofL fan ever spelling the name Stefan LeFors correctly. And he didn't suck.

Huge cards fan here. I think the Cards will beat UK. We have more talent than last year and it took a muffed punt to beat us in Lexington. We are at home and starting the Strong Era.

I got my tickets in the mail today

It should say something about the quality of the QB that Cards fans can't even spell his name right. Given the talent level, I think anything beyond 4 wins will be a huge success for Coach Strong. I'm just hoping that they're competitive and eliminate the stupid mistakes of the past few years.
    Sorry about that. Even the C-J misspelled it the online headline today. I will get it right from now on

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    Huge cards fan here. I think the Cards will beat UK. We have more talent than last year and it took a muffed punt to beat us in Lexington. We are at home and starting the Strong Era.

I got my tickets in the mail today
    I'm a huge Louisville fan but I question the "more talent" point. The defense is almost completely bare and the team will be forced to depend on freshmen across the board, not a recipe for success in the opening game. The best newcomers, Dorsey and Campbell have yet to practice so while they may be great they'll likely struggle to start the year. On top of that, the status of our best defensive player, Johnny Patrick, is uncertain because he can't be nice to his girlfriend.

On top of that, the status of our best defensive player, Johnny Patrick, is uncertain because he can't be nice to his girlfriend.
    Rumor is, she deserved it.

Hey Bearcat fan here, I wish you guys the worst of luck this year

But really, I think Strong will get the Ville back. Just not quite this year.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Thanks Shane. Congrats on the recent success, but I will always remember UC for the 70-7 beatdown at Papa Johns in 2004. Oh, and I hope you guys crush both Oklahoma and WVU!

I have a soft spot for U of L because a few years ago, a young QB by the name of Justin Rascati saw the writing on the wall (I think it was the name "Brohm" he saw) and transferred from Louisville to a I-AA school in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia - James Madison, my alma mater. In 2004, he led the way to a National Championship win over perennial I-AA power Montana.

So thanks for that, Cards fans, and best of luck this season.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Six days until football!!! Eight days until the Governor's Cup comes back to its rightful home, The University of Louisville. Go Big East, Go Cards!!!

Turn Off Ads?