Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 OSU Football

Re: 2010 OSU Football

WOW!!!!!!!

That was some of the best down field blocking I've ever seen in either college or the pros by Sanzebacher. There wasn't even anything remotely close to holding.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    They can't give the "O" sign after a TD? That's just silly.
    Someone on Twitter had this to say about that situation: "Nike gets the publicity and the Buckeyes get the penalties."

I'm hoping that the NCAA will soon remind its officials where some of the millions that support college football come from.

WOW!!!!!!!

That was some of the best down field blocking I've ever seen in either college or the pros by Sanzebacher. There wasn't even anything remotely close to holding.
    That was a crazy call. I am still deciding what was more bizarre: that holding call or flashing the "O."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I remember those days well, GAC. Of course, that was before I decided to get a degree from Michigan and my hatred knew no bounds. But the Michigan fans were relentless and I heard numerous times how Michigan didn't even consider OSU a rivalry anymore. Now the tables have turned, OSU fans are relentless and saying pretty much the same thing.

But make no mistake, it IS as much a rivalry as it's always been. And also make not mistake that the tables will turn again and Michigan will find themselves on top again. That's the way these things work.
    True enough, but I don't think it will happen under Rodriguez, which I know brings a little snicker from the Mountaineer faithful. He is proving to be not up to a job like UM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    True enough, but I don't think it will happen under Rodriguez, which I know brings a little snicker from the Mountaineer faithful. He is proving to be not up to a job like UM.
    As a Michigan fan I tend to agree. I'm appalled by the lack of defense and while Denard Robinson is a fantastic player it seems to me that he is pretty much the entire offense.

I wish they'd have hired Jim Harbaugh.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    As a Michigan fan I tend to agree. I'm appalled by the lack of defense and while Denard Robinson is a fantastic player it seems to me that he is pretty much the entire offense.

I wish they'd have hired Jim Harbaugh.
    Don't forget Les Miles was their first choice

My nephew is a UM fan and follows them very closely. He thinks the D coord will get the boot, but not Rich. He may be right, but I'm just not seeing what Rich brings to the table three years in. That is an eternity for a turnaround in a big time program like UM. The talent level in Ann Arbor is as low as I've seen it. UM can't find a punter? a placekicker?

They can't give the "O" sign after a TD? That's just silly.
    From the presser, Tressel seemed to agree with you. He took the 5th when asked.

At this point, I think the most likely scenario is the Sugar Bowl against LSU. However, if somehow Auburn loses to South Carolina in the SEC title game, they'll play the Gamecocks.

If the Sugar Bowl passes (I doubt they will), they'll wind up in the Orange Bowl against Va. Tech. I'd much rather see a game against an SEC team.

The other scenario would be for them not to get an at large BCS bid. I just don't see that happening given how well they travel.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

At this point, I think the most likely scenario is the Sugar Bowl against LSU. However, if somehow Auburn loses to South Carolina in the SEC title game, they'll play the Gamecocks.

If the Sugar Bowl passes (I doubt they will), they'll wind up in the Orange Bowl against Va. Tech. I'd much rather see a game against an SEC team.

The other scenario would be for them not to get an at large BCS bid. I just don't see that happening given how well they travel.
    I actually think the Sugar will take either South Carolina (by force) or Auburn (by choice). I think LSU's loss will put them behind in the pecking order. I understand that being in state, LSU would be an attractive option, but a 1-loss Auburn team that had just been in the NC picture would probably be the preference for the Sugar.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I actually think the Sugar will take either South Carolina (by force) or Auburn (by choice). I think LSU's loss will put them behind in the pecking order. I understand that being in state, LSU would be an attractive option, but a 1-loss Auburn team that had just been in the NC picture would probably be the preference for the Sugar.
    I may be missing something, but I don't think Auburn is a possible opponent. If they win, they're in the national championship game. If they lose, then South Carolina gets the automatic berth.

So it will either be South Carolina or another at-large. I can't imagine they'd take another SEC team over LSU. I guess they could take Arkansas, but I'm not sure they're that attractive a draw, but I could be wrong. It's probably not out of the question that they'd take Alabama, but that would be a tough sell as a deserving of a BCS berth.

I may be missing something, but I don't think Auburn is a possible opponent. If they win, they're in the national championship game. If they lose, then South Carolina gets the automatic berth.

So it will either be South Carolina or another at-large. I can't imagine they'd take another SEC team over LSU. I guess they could take Arkansas, but I'm not sure they're that attractive a draw, but I could be wrong. It's probably not out of the question that they'd take Alabama, but that would be a tough sell as a deserving of a BCS berth.
    Great point. It's been a long weekend and I wasn't thinking about that aspect.

Forget I mentioned it!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    (Edit: MWM beat me to my first point)

South Carolina going to the Sugar might bother the TV guys, but the part of the Sugar Bowl committee that cares about fans traveling to the game and spending money would love to have South Carolina. Not only have the Gamecocks never won the SEC title, but they have never -- as in, not once, unprecedented, despite being in the South and having enough fan support to fill an 80,000-seat stadium, never -- played in a major bowl game. They would overrun the place.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Glad I'm not the only one who thought some of the penalties called during the game today were absolutely ridiculous. WTH was with all that?! I've seen worse things not called at all during other games this year.

Happy the Buckeyes won today though. My cousin, a Michigan fan, spent most of his day today helping us with our Christmas decorations and making funny remarks about how much RichRod sucks, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Ohio State looks great to me right now. You guys think Pryor might be in for a huge year next season?

Is it just me or has Tressel opened up the reins of the offense?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Ohio State looks great to me right now. You guys think Pryor might be in for a huge year next season?

Is it just me or has Tressel opened up the reins of the offense?
    Yes, I think Terrelle is going to have a big year next year and IMO, Tressel opens the reins of the offense when they show that they can handle it. It's when they make mistakes that he gets more conservative with plays and doesn't let them do as much.

Where do the at large bids fall this year or is there not really a specific bowl game that has to take them? I'm slightly confused on how that works.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?