Turn Off Ads?
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 OSU Football

Re: 2010 OSU Football

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think you're being fair to Auburn. They've survived a very extensive investigation and there's no evidence that they did anything wrong. If you treated tOSU likewise, with no proof, this Board with all of its Buckeye fans would start a riot. Treat Auburn the same way as you would OSU.
    Didn't I just say I thought Tressel was probably guilty of the aforementioned allegation? There certainly hasn't been any "proof" of it, but I believe it happened. I'd say that's pretty consistent.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I just have a simple request in light of this specific point having been discussed ad nauseum-if you're going to keep restating this claim as fact (despite the preponderance of evidence that argues otherwise), will you please finally provide links/evidence which verify Cam actually uttered that phrase to MSU recruiters? And it would probably be best done in the Cam/Auburn threads.....
    If you didn't want an Auburn discussion in this thread, then don't respond to my comments that were made in jest and in passing.

Second, as I've said from the beginning, the very report that started the whole Auburn situation, the one that you cried foul on from the very beginning about Cecil soliciting money, turned out to be spot on. The NCAA concluded Cecil did, as the report suggested, solicit money. So it's not a stretch, then, to believe, as the report also suggested, that Cam told the Mississippi State coaches the "money was too good to pass up."

It's all been laid out in the open for you, jojo. You're just refusing to believe it.

As I said, I'm not going down this path. I've hashed all this before and you are picking and choosing which portions of the reports to believe, so I'm not going to bother.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Didn't I just say I thought Tressel was probably guilty of the aforementioned allegation? There certainly hasn't been any "proof" of it, but I believe it happened. I'd say that's pretty consistent.
    You said that Auburn is actively buying championships with no "probably guilty" in the same sentence. Don't you see the difference?

You said that Auburn is actively buying championships with no "probably guilty" in the same sentence. Don't you see the difference?
    OK fine.

Auburn "probably" bought a championship.

Does that make it more consistent for you?

I don't care about Auburn. I don't care about pointing our fingers at other programs to make ourselves look better. The fact of the matter is, we screwed up. The players. The compliance department. The coach. EVERYONE.

A tweet from elevenwarriors.com says that Tressel will admit to wrongdoing tonight at the press conference. I believe OSU will fight to save Tressel's job. I don't believe they'll succeed. He knew the consequences of hiding this information.

I love the man. I really do. Despite what some may now say about his integrity, he's a fantastic human being. He's a great human in a dirty business. While what he did might be minor on the surface, not being truthful... THAT is the killer. Especially for a man of his stature and reputation.

I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude to let the full story come out before throwing stones. Could be really bad news for Tressel and OSU.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

OK fine.

Auburn "probably" bought a championship.

Does that make it more consistent for you?
    That's the inconsistency I noticed but don't change it on my account.

With all you've written on Auburn my impression is there's no doubt in your mind that they bought Cam Newton's services. Am I reading that right?

If you didn't want an Auburn discussion in this thread, then don't respond to my comments that were made in jest and in passing.

Second, as I've said from the beginning, the very report that started the whole Auburn situation, the one that you cried foul on from the very beginning about Cecil soliciting money, turned out to be spot on. The NCAA concluded Cecil did, as the report suggested, solicit money. So it's not a stretch, then, to believe, as the report also suggested, that Cam told the Mississippi State coaches the "money was too good to pass up."

It's all been laid out in the open for you, jojo. You're just refusing to believe it.

As I said, I'm not going down this path. I've hashed all this before and you are picking and choosing which portions of the reports to believe, so I'm not going to bother.
    It's a huge stretch because the MSU coaches did not bother to include such statements in their report to the NCAA. This would've been a central point in the NCAA investigation and the MSU staff would've had to disclose such a conversation. Why don't I believe Auburn bought a championship? Mainly because there is no evidence that they did.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It's a huge stretch because the MSU coaches did not bother to include such statements in their report to the NCAA. This would've been a central point in the NCAA investigation and the MSU staff would've had to disclose such a conversation. Why don't I believe Auburn bought a championship? Mainly because there is no evidence that they did. This has all been hashed out.
    If you want to talk about Auburn talk about it in the Auburn thread. Leave this thread to OSU talk.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If you want to talk about Auburn talk about it in the Auburn thread. Leave this thread to OSU talk.
    I agree 100%. No, 110%.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Back on topic:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

COLUMBUS, OH (AP)- Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith has returned to campus and a news conference has been called for Tuesday night, signs that coach Jim Tressel's job might be in jeopardy after a report that he did not tell his superiors that he was aware of potential NCAA violations involving star quarterback Terrelle Pryor and others.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Rich Rod is available.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I don't care about Auburn. I don't care about pointing our fingers at other programs to make ourselves look better. The fact of the matter is, we screwed up. The players. The compliance department. The coach. EVERYONE.

A tweet from elevenwarriors.com says that Tressel will admit to wrongdoing tonight at the press conference. I believe OSU will fight to save Tressel's job. I don't believe they'll succeed. He knew the consequences of hiding this information.

I love the man. I really do. Despite what some may now say about his integrity, he's a fantastic human being. He's a great human in a dirty business. While what he did might be minor on the surface, not being truthful... THAT is the killer. Especially for a man of his stature and reputation.
    If that's the case then it really re-opens the much criticized 5 game suspension handed down last year.

It also raises questions such as why could Yahoo's research dept could come up with this and the NCAA couldn't? It supports Brutus' case that the fact that the NCAA didn't come up with the goods on Cam doesn't really mean much.

If that's the case then it really re-opens the much criticized 5 game suspension handed down last year.

It also raises questions such as why could Yahoo's research dept could come up with this and the NCAA couldn't? It supports Brutus' case that the fact that the NCAA didn't come up with the goods on Cam doesn't really mean much.
    It's a good point to make regarding Yahoo and the NCAA.

And rest assured, much more than a five game suspension will be brought down on this program. The players may not get additional penalties, but the football team itself will get nailed with scholarship reductions and other things. I REALLY hope Gene Smith had no idea about any of this. If it's proven that not only Tressel knew, but Smith and others knew.... I don't even want to think about that.

That's the inconsistency I noticed but don't change it on my account.

With all you've written on Auburn my impression is there's no doubt in your mind that they bought Cam Newton's services. Am I reading that right?
    As I've said all along... the report that broke the Newton story also detailed conversations that took place involving Newton, and those same reports that the NCAA concluded were legit (in that Cecil solicited money) also reported Cam's alleged confession that money exchanged hands.

Is it really very irrational of me to believe, then, that Newton's services were bought and paid for?

To me, it seems like more of a stretch if I were to pick and choose portions of that report I want to believe then to assume that all of it was probably true.

So yes, I believe he was bought. I don't know why I should be made to feel guilty about that, since a major news outlet was willing to print Cam's alleged confession to MSU coaches--especially with the news outlet being on the money about the gist of the allegation (that Cecil was shopping around).

Turn Off Ads?