Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edmonds probably to the DL; Nix should be able to pinch-hit

Edmonds probably to the DL; Nix should be able to pinch-hit

Bullpen help possibly on the way (because of Volquez' 2/3rd's of an inning pitched).

"We're discussing that now," Baker said. "That really put a strain and stress on my bullpen."

"Slowing down, I sort of jammed my ankle into the ground," Nix said. "I didn't roll it or anything too significant. I don't think it's serious. It shouldn't keep me out of action. I should be fine to at least pinch-hit."

"That doesn't look very good at all," Baker said. "We have six outfielders, which you usually don't carry. Usually something always takes care of itself. You don't like it in this manner. But we'll probably have to put him (Edmonds) on the DL."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edmonds probably to the DL; Nix should be able to pinch-hit

Also, Harang will pitch out of the bullpen when he returns, according to the article.

That's great news.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Thankfully Nix isn't seriously hurt. Losing 2 outfielders wouldn't be good news.

So we may see Chapman before September 1st?

The Reds need to get some arms in S.F. quickly. Wood is good but tends to drop off quickly around 80 pitches. DL Edmonds and Volquez and bring up Chapman and Fisher or Daniel Ray. Might see Francisco again if Nix can't go.

They aren't going to fly Chapman to the west coast to make his big league debut. He's also pitched quite a bit lately.

Fisher would be the obvious choice but I'm not sure about the 10 day rule before he can come back. Do they have to put a pitcher on the DL or can it be anyone? EV isn't going on the DL.

Wood, Masset, Rhodes, Coco should be enough tonight with Leake if needed.

Whatever happen with Micha?

RotoHester

Owings was released.

Any interest in bringing in Brad Hawpe?

I too would be surprised to see Chapman flown in to make his first appearance w/the Reds ... but wouldn't mind it. They're playing in an awfully big and pitcher friendly ballpark right now. May not be a bad time to let the kid pitch!!

anyone else find it ironic they traded Dickerson due to his injury concerns and the guy they trade for lasted about 2 weeks before he got injured.

^Not when the guy they traded for is 163 years old.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Saw on ESPN last night that rumor was that Manny Ramierez might hit the waiver wire. I still think he'd be a good guy to have to push for the playoffs. Couldn't hurt Votto to have Manny's bat behind him.
    Sto Pro Veritate

The Buckeye Bomber

I would like to see Man-Ram in Cincinnati. We already have one left fielder who can't field. Might as well replace him with a better bat.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

FO said yesterday 0 chance of manny in cincy
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I Love Birds

Totally bummed that Jimmy won't be able to play when the Reds come to St. Louis next week. He said he's leaning towards retiring. As my all-time favorite baseball player, I wanted to see him on the field one more time.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Somewhat ironic (or is it poetic? I get them confused) that one reason why the Reds traded Dickerson for Edmonds was because of Dickerson's tendency to go on the DL. To be honest, I was expecting Dickerson to injure himself packing his backs on the way to Milwaukee.

Well, we gave up a solid outfielder in Dickerson for one decent game from Edmonds.

Turn Off Ads?