Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 487

Thread: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

  1. #1
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,320

    8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Phillips 2B
    Stubbs CF
    Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Gomes LF
    Bruce RF
    Hernandez C
    Janish SS
    Wood P

    against LHP and former no hitter great Jonathan Sanchez.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    You beat me. Was going to try to use my 6-2 record to our benefit.

    It's all on you now my friend...

  4. #3
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,320

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    You beat me. Was going to try to use my 6-2 record to our benefit.

    It's all on you now my friend...
    I got this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  5. #4
    Reds Slacker '07 RedsMan3203's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,784

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Here they are, On the road again
    There they are, Up on the stage
    Here they are, Playin' star again
    There they go, Turn the page
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

    Jockstocks Homepage

    Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

  6. #5
    Please come again pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    portland, oregon
    Posts
    14,742

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Here they are, On the road again
    There they are, Up on the stage
    Here they are, Playin' star again
    There they go, Turn the page
    I prefer

    On the road again -
    And I can't wait to get on the road again.
    On the road again -
    Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
    We're the best of friends.
    Insisting that the world keep turning our way

    but that's just me.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

  7. #6
    Who, What, Where, When? Tornon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,560

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I prefer

    On the road again -
    And I can't wait to get on the road again.
    On the road again -
    Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
    We're the best of friends.
    Insisting that the world keep turning our way

    but that's just me.
    I agree, I don't know the other one

  8. #7
    Reds Slacker '07 RedsMan3203's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,784

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I agree, I don't know the other one
    Its edited for to make it go toward the Reds. (They)

    It's the song Turn the Page by Seger... You should know it... Least I hope...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

    Jockstocks Homepage

    Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

  9. #8
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Just to recap the roster moves before today's game:

    OF Jim Edmonds put on the 15-day DL
    RP Jordan Smith optioned to Louisville Bats (AAA)
    SP (but will be used out of bullpen) Sam LeCure recalled from Louisville Bats (AAA)
    2B (but will be used in a utility infielder role) Chris Valaika called up (contract purchased?) from Louisville Bats (AAA)

    In short: Edmonds to DL, Smith down, LeCure and Valaika up

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  10. #9
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    18,779

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Just to recap the roster moves before today's game:

    OF Jim Edmonds put on the 15-day DL
    RP Jordan Smith optioned to Louisville Bats (AAA)
    SP (but will be used out of bullpen) Sam LeCure recalled from Louisville Bats (AAA)
    2B (but will be used in a utility infielder role) Chris Valaika called up (contract purchased?) from Louisville Bats (AAA)

    In short: Edmonds to DL, Smith down, LeCure and Valaika up

    320
    Valaika was already on the 40-man roster, so the Reds just recalled him from Louisville. They didn't have to purchase his contract.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  11. #10
    Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oxford, OH
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Valaika was already on the 40-man roster, so the Reds just recalled him from Louisville. They didn't have to purchase his contract.
    Okay, wasn't sure how that worked. So he was already being payed the MLB minimum 400K, right?

    320
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

  12. #11
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,346

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Okay, wasn't sure how that worked. So he was already being payed the MLB minimum 400K, right?

    320
    Probably not. I would think he is on a split contract where he would be paid the minimum while in the major leagues but substantially less if he's in the minors.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  13. #12
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,528

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Big chance to gain a game on the Cards tonight. Who would have thought the Pirates get a win on a night Wainwright starts.

  14. #13
    Who, What, Where, When? Tornon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,560

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Big chance to gain a game on the Cards tonight. Who would have thought the Pirates get a win on a night Wainwright starts.
    Paul Maholm taketh from the Reds... but he also giveth

  15. #14
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Chat is open!
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  16. #15
    Who, What, Where, When? Tornon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,560

    Re: 8/24/10: Redlegs @ Giants

    Giants pulling a fast one on us and starting the game early


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25