Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Gomes LF
    Bruce RF
    Hernandez C
    Janish SS
    Wood P
    Time to get back up on the good foot.

Last night's loss was all on me. I was just settling in to watch the game on the tube when my work called me and asked if I wanted a little overtime. I sold my Cincinnati soul for a couple of pennies. I can't even call myself a REAL Reds' fan. My deepest apologies.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-24-2010 at 06:13 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: Reds vs. Giants Tuesday (08/24)

Torres CF
    Posey C
    Huff 1B
    Burrell LF
    Ross RF
    Sandoval 3B
    Uribe SS
    Sanchez 2B
    J. Sanchez P
    I'll forgive you with a win tonight texasdave, some of the heathens around here are going to need a series win though.

Their catcher is a poser, I swear. Pocketful of Posey. I would change my name. Tsk. Tsk. Watch Wood make them all fall down tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I'll forgive you with a win tonight texasdave, some of the heathens around here are going to need a series win though.
    I saw the game thread post count. People must have bailed early and often. Of course, Edinson wasn't giving people much of a reason to stick around.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-24-2010 at 06:18 PM.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I went to a "party" and started listening in the car in the 3rd inning on the way back, it wasn't the best car ride home ever.

But this is tonight, that was last night.

They only have to win two to take the series. It doesn't specify which two they win.

This lineup is basically the one everybody expected to see at the start of the year.

Anybody home? Pirates lead the Cardinals 4-2 after 7.5.

I like Stubbs batting second - let's see how he does. Go Pirates!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I saw the game thread post count. People must have bailed early and often. Of course, Edinson wasn't giving people much of a reason to stick around.
    I'll have to say I bailed on the gamethread about halfway through. You can only take so much sundecking before swelling occurs.

takealeake

Really hope we can show up tonight after last night was probably the flat out worst loss of the year. Especially since it looks like St. Louis is going down tonight and we can regain that game on them. Counting this series, we have all of 4 teams left this year with a winning record, and we need to win these next two to prove we're a playoff team.

Cards lose....good day.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

is anyone like me???? I am at complete peace with Wood pitching. This guy has been lights out all year.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I like this lineup.

We can get 5 or more runs from this, while limiting the Giants to 3 runs or less.

My prediction is:

REDS 6
    Giants 2

takealeake

I feel like crap, I dunno why. Got some intestinal issues going on or something, really hope we can win tonight. FYI something interesting is that the Bats won again tonight and Javier Balentien's average is up to .289, which is remarkable since I believe just a couple months ago he was around .220. Talk about a guy tearing the ball up. Oh, and the Bats have a 1.5 game lead in the division now, continuing their amazing turnaround. Rick Sweet deserves a raise of some kind this year, or a promotion if Dusty decides to go elsewhere.

Turn Off Ads?