Turn Off Ads?

Thread: is their area for concern now??

is their area for concern now??

last 2 nights have been downright dreadful and it's just not been the starting pitching, it's been the bullpen too. not to mention this team is probably tired too. it's what?? 9 game westcoast trip, they are probably alittle exhausted from the time change and diffrent things but their is no excuse in what has happened the last 2 nights, I mean? wood did't even look like himself last night and he never has these type of games.

our only offense in this series to be honest has been rolen and phillips. hopefully we can take the game today but this just isn't a concern for the rest of the year but this is a major concern if we get into the playoffs. you cannot and I Repeat cannot have these type games against caliber pitching and teams, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to play like it. right now the reds don't look like a playoff team and I'm the biggest diehard and negative nancy around here. I want them to do good but, you cannot come out here and lay eggs against top teams like this if you expect to go far in the playoffs.

our pitching will get better but, I just think the law of averages was that san fran was due to get hot because they had been held pretty in check except until our series by the cardinals the series before ours. WE will be okay, the sun is still shining today and we are 2.5 games up but I think our bullpen has a major concern, starting with diffrent question marks...why is leake there??? I don't understand that move, he is not a bullpen guy, he's a starter but apparently he's lost it for the year.

I don't understand our GM. will chapman ever get the chance??? but, like I said, things will be alright but we just have to win these games that are crucial because you will be seeing this come playoff time.

GO REDS!!!
    Last edited by rolenmvp; 08-25-2010 at 07:42 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: is their area for concern now??

Well, I went to sleep knowing we would get crushed and never looked at the Cards score. Figured we lost another game to them and then saw this morning they managed to lose while Wainwright was pitching.

They lost by 1 and we lost by 11. Both are losses.

We will get'em tonight (hopefully).

As for Chapman, I agree. Whey bring him up close to the St. Louis series without letting him get his feet wet first. Would have been smart to bring him up for the West Coast swing to let him get his feet wet without him having to deal with all the hometown hype. I disagree with how they are handling this. And these last couple of blowouts would have been perfect for him to get his first taste with no harm done.

I used to think Dusty was going to cost us the Division lead, but now I'm starting to think management is going to cost it for us.

I think their area for concern is greater then our area of concern.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

LF and the return of Cabrera are concerns with solutions that probably wont be looked at.

just like the Cardinals sweeping us, you need to get beat up a few times throughout the year to understand what it is your team needs are....I think these last 2 beatdowns showed us some things we need to do to get better.....it also helps your mental part of the game to get knocked down a few ladder rungs...it takes the "invisable sheild" away that some players might have thought they had on....

lets see how we play the Cubs when we get back home and that will tell us a little more about us.....See if Dusty can earn his worth just as he did after the Cards beat us like step children.

There's been areas of concern the entire season. This isn't a BRM-type team. We've needed another bat and another arm or two all along. But I think the last two nights have been more a case of the team just having a couple bad games at the end of a long, tough road trip. The loss STL suffered last night is a lot worse than the loss we had last night. The Reds have been on fire since the all-star break, but we weren't going to cruise through the last five weeks of the regular season. A win tonight, to complete a 6-3 west coast swing, and nobody will be talking about the two losses to the Giants.

Is whose area of concern now what?

Not really concerned, we were all in panic mode after the Cards series and look how that turned out.

The Reds will come home and take care of business against Chicago and Milwaukee. I'm going to even start to worry unless our home stand is a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    Thats what I was shooting for ^
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

If the poor pitching continues then I become concerned, but a slight bump in the road is not worth worrying about right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Thats what I was shooting for ^
    I saw that, but I couldn't leave yours as the last word due to the then/than confusion.

Haha, touche my friend, I didn't even catch that
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?