Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday (08/25)

Reds vs. Giants Wednesday (08/25)

Reds
    Phillips 4
    Heisey 9
    Votto 3
    Rolen 5
    Gomes 7
    Hanigan 2
    Stubbs 8
    Janish 6
    Bailey 1

Giants
    Torres 8
    Posey 2
    Huff 3
    Burrell 9
    Guillen 8
    Sandoval 5
    Uribe 6
    Sanchez 4
    Bumgarner 1
    Last edited by Krawhitham; 08-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Giants Tuesday (08/25)

its wednesday in my world

Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday (08/25)

I would have liked to see Chris Valaika start since he will be sent down soon to make room for Ocap and the fact Janish looks real tired

I am soooooooo sick of Gomes playing. When I first saw Heisey's name I said "Oh my god Gomes isn't playing, it's a miracle." Then lo and behold, I realize he is playing.

AHHHHHHH I CANNOT stand him!!! I want him to stop playing. He's terrible! Why does Baker continue to play him? I don't care if it's against a lefty. Gomes is terrible! Let me make this clear. I hate Gomes.
    Votto for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    I am soooooooo sick of Gomes playing. When I first saw Heisey's name I said "Oh my god Gomes isn't playing, it's a miracle." Then lo and behold, I realize he is playing.

AHHHHHHH I CANNOT stand him!!! I want him to stop playing. He's terrible! Why does Baker continue to play him? I don't care if it's against a lefty. Gomes is terrible! Let me make this clear. I hate Gomes.
    ease up buddy he has ONE RBI this month, and we are only 24 days into the month he has plenty of time....

plenty of time to continue sucking

but at this point Dusty only has one extra outfielder, Nix is day to day and Edmond is on the DL. So it was Bruce or Gomes, Gomes hits 40 points higher VS lefties

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

So what are you trying to say?

v/LH starters
    Gomes .264/.331/.438

Bruce .256/.324/.400

I guess they just hope no one hits the ball to Gomes today.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    but at this point Dusty only has one extra outfielder, Nix is day to day and Edmond is on the DL. So it was Bruce or Gomes, Gomes hits 40 points higher VS lefties
    I realize Gomes hits higher than Bruce against lefties, but that doesn't change the fact that Gomes can do absolutely NOTHING right now. Gomes is slugging .240 in August. Slugging, .240! That's it. Bruce is batting .292 in August and has been one of the hottest hitters as of late. He's also sluggging .477.

Oh, and let's not forget his horrid defense. I have grown very tired of watching him over throw cutoff men, allowing runners to move from 1st to 2nd because of missing the cutoff men, not even coming close to throwing runners out at home, etc, etc.
    Votto for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    v/LH starters
    Gomes .264/.331/.438

Bruce .256/.324/.400

v/LH

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=28954
    Bruce
    .243/.316/.404

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=5860
    Gomes
    .281/.385/.463

6-3 looks a whole lot better than 5-4. This would be a big win.

Bruce struggles the most against LH relievers. Gomes lights them up.

When it comes to starters they dont have the extreme splits. Its probably because Bruce puts pressure on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    v/LH starters
    Gomes .264/.331/.438

Bruce .256/.324/.400

Bruce being out of the lineup is ridiculous. His bat is hot. He is defensively worlds better than Gomes. It makes no sense at all.

I realize Gomes hits higher than Bruce against lefties, but that doesn't change the fact that Gomes can do absolutely NOTHING right now. Gomes is slugging .240 in August. Slugging, .240! That's it. Bruce is batting .292 in August and has been one of the hottest hitters as of late. He's also sluggging .477.

Oh, and let's not forget his horrid defense. I have grown very tired of watching him over throw cutoff men, allowing runners to move from 1st to 2nd because of missing the cutoff men, not even coming close to throwing runners out at home, etc, etc.

Link
    Bruce in August v/LH
    .200/.294/.600

Link
    Gomes in August v/LH
    .267/.333/.500

Playing gomes much when you are in 2 of the biggest OFs in baseball especially when he is struggling is just being silly on Dustys part.

Heisey gets his 2nd start in 9 games.

If Gomes was hitting I could see it but the dude is brutal at everything right now other than running hard out of the box. He might hit well today but its complete guess work by Dusty to run him out there. Hes managing with feelings and hunches and its very flawed way to manage if you ask me.

Turn Off Ads?