Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Reds Signed Draft Picks Thread

Re: Official 2010 Reds Signed Draft Picks Thread

Drew Hayes officially signed now.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...incinnati+Reds

Hayes took an important step Monday when he finalized his signing bonus with the Cincinnati Reds, who drafted the right-hander in the 11th round of Major League Baseball Draft two weeks ago.

"It (his contract) is something that I can't spend too much time on, and now I am ready to go to (Billings, Mont.) and prove myself," Hayes said. "I want to move as quickly through the organization as I can."

Hayes will join the Billings Mustangs, an advanced rookie squad, later this month.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident PED Expert

Based on the Various reports they are down to Grandal, Mugarian, Cisco and Waldrop out of the top 15. The most talented 3 (personal opinion) in the draft less Mungarian. Hopefully they get something done soon.

They will sign Arico (he's a senior) and O'Rear (he's gonna play college bball though), so that's two more at least, other than the 4 you mentioned. I also suspect we'll see a mid 30's guys sign, maybe Renken or Hopkins for above slot money before it's all said and done.

Arico has signed, according to Fay.

Haven't read the whole thread, but is there seriously a draftee called "Muenster Muenster"? If so, is he good? And, of course, is he going to sign?

EDIT: The interwebs say this player's name is actually "Adam Muenster", so this looks like a typo. My other questions still stand though... =)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I have no idea as to why, but the Reds will begin negotiating the signing bonus with Mugarian on July 1st.

Taken by the Cincinnati Reds in the fifth round of the draft, Mugarian said that he and the team will begin to negotiate his signing bonus on July 1. Following the pick, Reds scout John Poloni — the man responsible for keeping tabs on Mugarian throughout his senior season — came to Pensacola to meet with the draft's No. 157 overall pick, and the team sent Mugarian general contract information late last week
    Here is the link: http://www.pnj.com/article/20100617/...k-money-July-1

Good vibes on Waldrop signing.

With a baseball scholarship to South Florida in hand, he and his father Greg made it clear to interested teams that it would take a significant signing bonus for Waldrop to choose professional baseball over the Bulls.
    Both seem confident the Reds will meet the undisclosed asking price.
    "All I can say right now is we're really confident he'll be in a Reds uniform sometime soon," said Greg Waldrop, who is handling his son's contract negotiations. "There's some details and things that need to take place, but there's a ton of confidence on both sides."
    Link: http://www.news-press.com/article/20...dale-s-Waldrop

Haven't read the whole thread, but is there seriously a draftee called "Muenster Muenster"? If so, is he good? And, of course, is he going to sign?

EDIT: The interwebs say this player's name is actually "Adam Muenster", so this looks like a typo. My other questions still stand though... =)
    I personally would have given him a much larger bonus if he'd agreed to be known as "Muenster Muenster". Kind of like how Charlie Finley used to bribe guys to change their names- remember when he wanted Vida Blue to become "True Blue"?
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Show Cisco the money:

Now comes the tricky part: negotiating with the Reds, which could take a long time. Cisco says he's looking for a signing bonus in the neighborhood of $1 million. The two sides haven't discussed money, and Cisco knows the process could take all summer. If he doesn't sign with the Reds by mid-August, he will enroll at the University of Georgia. "I think we'll talk through the summer," said Cisco, who led Wando into the Class AAAA Lower State championship series last month. "Hopefully, we'll get a deal done and I will go off and play."
    Doesn't sound like an early signing is in the offing and it will probably come down to money.

Link: http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...-in-6th-round/

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Show Cisco the money:

Doesn't sound like an early signing is in the offing and it will probably come down to money.

Link: http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...-in-6th-round/
    Sounds like if they do sign him they will go over slot, so the commissioner's office will have to ok it. Don't look for him to officially sign before August 14th.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Resident PED Expert

As polished as Cisco is and being a relatively high pick 1 Million isn't breaking the bank. Could see it being a last minute deal in the $800,000 range.

I'd be pretty (pleasantly) surprised if they're able to sign Grandal, Cisco, and Waldrop. My prediction is they only get 2 of the 3.

I don't care nearly as much about Mugarian, although my guess is he'll sign as well.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'd be pretty (pleasantly) surprised if they're able to sign Grandal, Cisco, and Waldrop. My prediction is they only get 2 of the 3.

I don't care nearly as much about Mugarian, although my guess is he'll sign as well.
    Sounds like Cisco will be the one that will be the tough sign.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Senor Votto

Any word on Yas yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I personally would have given him a much larger bonus if he'd agreed to be known as "Muenster Muenster". Kind of like how Charlie Finley used to bribe guys to change their names- remember when he wanted Vida Blue to become "True Blue"?
    I kinda hope he's the lockerroom joker so they can call him Funster Muenster.

Turn Off Ads?