Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 Reds Signed Draft Picks Thread

Re: Official 2010 Reds Signed Draft Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I kinda hope he's the lockerroom joker so they can call him Funster Muenster.
    I was hoping he was a pitcher so he could bring the cheese.

2. Turn Off Ads?

IIRC, the Reds do have a minor leaguer from last year's draft named Mike Monster. It'd be cool if they ever end up on the same team, so they can then stand side-by-side for photo ops.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    IIRC, the Reds do have a minor leaguer from last year's draft named Mike Monster. It'd be cool if they ever end up on the same team, so they can then stand side-by-side for photo ops.
    Mike Monster never signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Any word on Yas yet?
    Here's the latest.....

YouTube - Yaz FDA required "clear up"
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I had to it was just too compelling!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Latest on Waldrop - as of 23 Jun - Fort Myers OF Kyle Waldrop, a USF signee drafted in the 12th round by the Reds, continues to negotiate with Cincinnati but the two sides remain apart from what Prado has heard.

19th rounder Josh Alexander was named to BA's second-team All America team for HS players along with Kyle Waldrop. Has anyone heard anything about his chances of signing?
    Go BLUE!!!

I've been looking at last year's signing thread and saw at this point, we'd signed just 21 of our picks, with nine of our top 15 still unsigned. Presently this year, we're at 21 with ten of our top 15 still unsigned.

I was think things seemed slower this year, but apparently not.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...9+signed+picks
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

My impression is that the Reds drafted more college committed players. I suspect that these will get all of management's attention, Grandal excepted, for the next month. If they are successful in signing these more promising players, they may sign fewer of their low round draftees. It seems to me that the lower levels of the organization are pretty well stocked, especially when the Latin transfers are added.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    My impression is that the Reds drafted more college committed players. I suspect that these will get all of management's attention, Grandal excepted, for the next month. If they are successful in signing these more promising players, they may sign fewer of their low round draftees. It seems to me that the lower levels of the organization are pretty well stocked, especially when the Latin transfers are added.
    This is where you end up going over slot to entice them to sign now. Some last year, I think, got college written in and began their careers. I'd very much like to get Cisco this way, for example.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

From Mark Sheldon:

The Reds are not any closer, it appears, to signing their first round Draft pick -- catcher Yasmani Grandal. The deadline to sign all 2010 Draft picks is Aug. 16.

"We've talked to them but haven't gotten any progress," GM Walt Jocketty said.
    http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archi...all_is_al.html

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    IMO, here's the play: Sign Cisco and Waldrop now (although I still think the Reds won't end up signing both.) If Mesoraco goes in a trade for Lee or someone else, or he stops hitting, shell out for Grandal. Otherwise, hold firm on the offer and pick up an extra first rounder next year if he doesn't sign.

On a side note, I'm surprised Mugarian hasn't signed by now. Any word on that?
    Go BLUE!!!

For some reason, money talks with Mugarian didn't begin until July 1. So we should know in the next few days if we are going to offer him enough to keep him from going to Alabama.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    For some reason, money talks with Mugarian didn't begin until July 1. So we should know in the next few days if we are going to offer him enough to keep him from going to Alabama.
    Odds are we won't know for about 6 weeks. If talks began yesterday, then they won't actually get somewhere for a few weeks. There is no rush to sign him and its going to be over slot if it happens, which means it has to be approved by the commissioners office. That means even if they agree, the deal won't get approved until Mid August.

Turn Off Ads?