Thread: Rotation....Looking Ahead

Rotation....Looking Ahead

The rotation as is plays out this way until the Cards series:
    OFF Day
    CH Cubs (3): Cueto, Arroyo, Volquez
    MIL Brewers (3): Wood, Bailey, Cueto
    OFF Day
    STL Cardinals: Arroyo, Volquez, Wood vs Wainwright, Westbrook, Carpenter

Could the Reds switch Bailey and Wood the next go round giving Wood an xtra day which would allow Homer to match up with Carpenter? Bringing up Maloney for a start vs the Cubs could allow the Reds to go with Cueto, Arroyo, Bailey vs the Cards.....just saying. Is it time to shuffle round the rotation?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Rotation....Looking Ahead

Rotation? I thought you were talking about some of the Sundeck posters and their spinning heads after that game.

Figures. I'm going to the game Saturday...this will be my 4th game of the year and the 3rd time I've seen Arroyo. They lost the other two, hopefully he'll fare better Saturday.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Volquez is still on the team?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I think they should make it work that Cueto gets the start against Carpenter. Bat Cueto first in the batting order.

Carpenter's first pitch plunks Johnny in the back. Ump ejects Carpenter. Cardinals burn their bullpen in the first game.

Reds sweep the series and win the Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I think they should make it work that Cueto gets the start against Carpenter. Bat Cueto first in the batting order.

Carpenter's first pitch plunks Johnny in the back. Ump ejects Carpenter. Cardinals burn their bullpen in the first game.

Reds sweep the series and win the Central.

Sounds like a good plan.

I think you will see Volquez pitch one more time, and depending on how well he pitches, will depend on whether or not he will continue to pitch for the rest of the year as a starter or move to the bullpen. In my opnion after you have Tommy John surgery you need some time before coming back full boar like he did. They should have put him in the bullpen this year and have him start next year.

Thing is, I think they were hoping that Volquez would regain his form and be able to start int he playoffs. As long as they are out in front, the Reds may continue to run him out there hoping he rights the ship in time.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Jesus Christ, can they play those aholes without having to face both Carpenter and Wainwright?

Obviously, the Reds want to have their best pitching matchups set for that series, but regardless of who is starting, the Reds have to prove they're good enough to beat at least one of those two, otherwise I don't know how seriously you can take their World Series aspirations.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Volquez to the pen doesn't do much for me. His lack of control would be a disaster, IMO. Suddenly our long relief group is overcrowded with ex-starters (Leake, Harang, Volquez). Which leaves Wood, Bailey, Arroyo, Cueto, and ?? to start.

Turn Off Ads?