Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What I Expect Friday Against The Cubs

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

What I Expect Friday Against The Cubs

You will be in for a treat come Friday fans. Why You Ask? Not only are we playing a rival team. But we will have a few things happen prior to game time. Here is a list you can print out and take to the park with you.

Cincinnati Reds will have a Press Conference at 12:00pm on Friday

Reds and Dusty Baker will agree on a contract extention (multi-year)

Reds will call upon the phenom; Aroldis Chapman.

Reds will release Micah Owings (Thursday)

Orlando Cabrera will be activated.

I think we might see a couple more moves depending on the status of Phillips, Nix, and Leake. I could see potentially adding Brad Hawpe if Nix is headed to the DL. Sorry those of you wanting ManRam.

Reds could potentially have a 4GM lead heading into first pitch.

*These are my expectations/predictions and no way should be listed as more then that.
    Last edited by RedLegSuperStar; 08-25-2010 at 09:54 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What I Expect Friday Against The Cubs

I would love to see them pick up Hawpe, probably better for the Reds all the way around than ManRam. That way everyone stays included in the effort. I like the idea of adding ManRam but there is more potential downside there.

But what we really need is another veteran arm. It's like a mosh pit on this staff right now, youngsters hitting the wall right and left. Chapman and Burton need to make their way up, what else can we do? Replace LeCure and Ondrusek/Bray with them and see what happens. Why Jared has been in the doghouse so long anyway is something I don't get. Wait a minute is Burton hurt, I just remember I thought I saw him hit the DL down there? If so I guess we'll have to figure something else out, this is getting brutal.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Manny is waiving his no trade to join the Chicago Whitesox

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I would love to see them pick up Hawpe, probably better for the Reds all the way around than ManRam. That way everyone stays included in the effort. I like the idea of adding ManRam but there is more potential downside there.

But what we really need is another veteran arm. It's like a mosh pit on this staff right now, youngsters hitting the wall right and left. Chapman and Burton need to make their way up, what else can we do? Replace LeCure and Ondrusek/Bray with them and see what happens. Why Jared has been in the doghouse so long anyway is something I don't get. Wait a minute is Burton hurt, I just remember I thought I saw him hit the DL down there? If so I guess we'll have to figure something else out, this is getting brutal.
    Burton is injured and possibly done for the year.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing Dusty sign the extension and Chapman replacing Volquez in the rotation.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Dusty sign the extension and Chapman replacing Volquez in the rotation.
    My only issue with that is Chapman has shown some dominance out of the pen in AAA while not showing so much as a starter yet. Going into the playoffs IF we make it we may be able to ride a rotation of Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey, and either Volquez or Wood making the the few starts where we have to use a 4th starter.

We all know how Cueto, Bailey, and Volquez struggle to go deep into games. Chapman can be in line for an extremely important role as a 5th and 6th, or 6th and 7th inning lights out guy out of the pen. If Chapman dominates in a relief role, we may have the closest thing to the nasty boys we have seen since 1990 with Chapman, Masset, Rhodes, and CoCo.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Welp.. I was wrong about Micah.. But that's a good thing.

Turn Off Ads?