Turn Off Ads?

Thread: grit and effort..

grit and effort..

is what this team has. I know we have harped on them alot this year but, that's because they are our favorite team and without being negative sometimes what would we do?? but all I want to say is that this team has alot of heart. after all they went through the first 2 nights and then give up that big lead and still show a effort like they did yesterday by battling back, shows you what kind of heart this team has.

votto is carrying this team on his shoulders and he is just playing out of his mind right now, we have a great player, he needs to be locked up next year for a lonnggg time.

I know sometimes we get mad and say things we don't mean but right now this team needs our support. we are 3.5 games up on the cardinals and we are ahead of the wildcard teams right now if we were in the wildcard. keep winning series and this team will be playing baseball in october, sure has been a fun year. now it's time to beat up on them cubs...GO REDS!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: grit and effort..

If you would have told me in April that the Reds at the end of August would be 3.5 games up on the Cards, I would have been floating on cloud nine. So why, when it is actually happening, are so many stressed? This is good stuff!

I agree with you that this team has moxy. You can't teach or coach that, it has to be within you as a team and this group truly seems to have it.

I go back to those who were against adding Rolen, I think that may have been the key addition that this team needed. It takes a veteran who has been here before to be the leader this team needs and I think Rolen has been that and more.

Votto is playing his best at the key time. He is special.

The pitching staff has had its lumps lately, but they have been solid as a whole for the season and you can't knock that.

I think we will make the postseason. I think that will happen. I don't know if we have what it takes to win the WS, but we are headed there. I wasn't expecting the Reds to be at this stage until next season, to be honest. We have several young players who have to produce and so far they have.

I have loved being a Reds fan this season and that is good.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

This season has been terrific. Almost everyone is outperforming their baseball-card numbers. Along with grit, effort, and professionalism, I think Dusty deserves some credit.

Also, in March I predicted 85-88 wins and within 3 games of St. Louis. Everyone thought I was a crazy homer, now it looks like I under-estimated the Redlegs.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

As a Cards fan, I can appreciate good effort and good baseball. The Reds have certainly provided their fans with both. If they earn the right to go to the playoffs, they will be dangerous because they're never out of a game.

Turn Off Ads?