Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    681

    Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    I will need either 2 or 4 tickets to Sunday 9/12 against the Pirates. I've seen games at Riverfront but never GABP. A little help please?


    1. Will tickets be available outside the stadium? For face value or more than face? Where do errr, "vendors" usually congregate to sell tickets to walk-ups?


    2. Any sections to avoid on a sunny Sunday September afternoon (meaning not sitting in or looking into the sun all day)?


    3. How are bleacher tickets beyond LF -- are they really far away? Can you still wander the rest of the ballpark on foot if you buy bleacher tickets?


    4. There are ticket charges to order online -- both online fees and shipping charges. I want to avoid these. I assume they do not exist if you buy at ticket window? But, I am worried the game will sell out before the day of game.



    Any help is appreciated.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Covington, Ky
    Posts
    337

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    I don't think the game will sell out. Sit along 1st base side. And you can buy tix from the box office/ ticket window or a kiosk they have stationed throughout the outside of the ballpark.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I will need either 2 or 4 tickets to Sunday 9/12 against the Pirates. I've seen games at Riverfront but never GABP. A little help please?


    1. Will tickets be available outside the stadium? For face value or more than face? Where do errr, "vendors" usually congregate to sell tickets to walk-ups?


    2. Any sections to avoid on a sunny Sunday September afternoon (meaning not sitting in or looking into the sun all day)?


    3. How are bleacher tickets beyond LF -- are they really far away? Can you still wander the rest of the ballpark on foot if you buy bleacher tickets?


    4. There are ticket charges to order online -- both online fees and shipping charges. I want to avoid these. I assume they do not exist if you buy at ticket window? But, I am worried the game will sell out before the day of game.



    Any help is appreciated.
    1. rule #1 avoid scalpers, get there early and get a good upper deck seat
    2. Get tix's on the 1st base side, less chances of getting stuck in the sun if you are in the upper deck.
    3. Bleacher seats are great, but you will be stuck in the sun and it does get hot. You can walk the entire stadium from any seat.
    4. If you go with the upper deck seats the fees are not to bad. It's better to pay the fees then get to the game and all that is left is either scalpers, or very high cost tickets.
    5. What is the price range you are wanting to pay for tix?
    6. How early are you planning on getting there?
    7. how far of a drive is it for you?

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    681

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    1. rule #1 avoid scalpers, get there early and get a good upper deck seat
    2. Get tix's on the 1st base side, less chances of getting stuck in the sun if you are in the upper deck.
    3. Bleacher seats are great, but you will be stuck in the sun and it does get hot. You can walk the entire stadium from any seat.
    4. If you go with the upper deck seats the fees are not to bad. It's better to pay the fees then get to the game and all that is left is either scalpers, or very high cost tickets.
    5. What is the price range you are wanting to pay for tix?
    6. How early are you planning on getting there?
    7. how far of a drive is it for you?
    1. Why avoid scalpers? Is there the possibility of counterfeit tickets? If not, I have no moral problem with scalping or scalpers.

    5. I generally like to pay for the cheapest tix then move around the ballpark a lot. But, if there is a particularly good section in the mid-level pricing (25 to 30-ish), I sometimes might choose that.

    6. I'm meeting friends for lunch beforehand, so probably not until 1/2 hour before gametime.

    7. 6 hours, but I should be in Cincy the night before (Saturday night).

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    733

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    I don't mind the bleacher seats. They aren't the best ever, but for the price you get a decent view of the game. I've taken my kids down a couple of times this year and sat in the bleachers.
    Sto Pro Veritate

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    1. Why avoid scalpers? Is there the possibility of counterfeit tickets? If not, I have no moral problem with scalping or scalpers.

    5. I generally like to pay for the cheapest tix then move around the ballpark a lot. But, if there is a particularly good section in the mid-level pricing (25 to 30-ish), I sometimes might choose that.

    6. I'm meeting friends for lunch beforehand, so probably not until 1/2 hour before gametime.

    7. 6 hours, but I should be in Cincy the night before (Saturday night).
    I have no issue with scalpers if the game is sold out, if not, why pay higher prices for tix you can get at the stadium.

    Since it is Pete Rose weekend, the tix sales may be a bit more brisk even with it being the Pirates. If you get into Cincy the night before I would drive downtown after the Sat night games starts and walk down to the stadium while that game is in progress and get your tix's for the next day. That Sat game may sell out since it his night. I would go with the $14 seats and get somewhere down the first base line and move away as seating allows.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    681

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I have no issue with scalpers if the game is sold out, if not, why pay higher prices for tix you can get at the stadium.
    Yeah that's why I asked about face value, I agree.

  9. #8
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    839

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    The $14 view level seat is a great deal if you can be near the plate. I agree, you want to be on the 1st base side. STAY AWAY FROM THE BLEACHERS!!! They are uncomfortable, in the sun, far from the action and you can't see the out out-of-town scoreboard or the video board.

    Have fun, it is a beautiful ballpark.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

  10. #9
    Johnny Cueto Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Erlanger, KY
    Posts
    270

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    IMO, the View Level are the best seats for the price of the tickets.

    Stay out of the bleachers.
    TWITTER : @KOBasinger

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    Wow, if it's a night game I love the bleachers, true you can't see the score board real well, but it's a cheap seat that is much more comfortable then the other seats and if the sun is down real comfortable. however in day games, I would agree and stay away...

  12. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    191

    Re: Going to GABP for First Time - HELP PLEASE

    The best place to sit for me are the left seats below the kroger bleachers they are decent prices and you are very close to the field


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25