Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Different scenarios just for fun

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    146

    Different scenarios just for fun

    Just for fun...

    35 games left in the season for us.

    We play .500 ball and go 18-17, we finish at 91-71.
    Cards would have to go 23-15 to tie.

    If we keep up with our current winning percentage (.575) and go 20-15 we finish at 93-69.
    Cards would have to go 25-13 to tie.


    And finally if you take our records how weve done against the teams we have left to play on our schedule it would go like this...

    3 games vs cubs (we are 11-2 against them) so ill go with 2-1 (even though weve swept the last 2 series vs them).
    9 vs the Brewers (we are 4-1 against them) so approx 7-2.
    3 vs the Cards (we are 5-10 against them) so 1-2.
    4 against Colorado (we are 2-1 against them) so 3-1. (since I didnt give us the ben of the doubt in the Cubs series)
    3 against Pirates (who we are 8-5 against) so 2-1.
    4 against Arizona (who we are 1.000 perncent against) so 4-0.
    6 against Houston (who we are 7-1 against) so 5-1.
    3 against SD (who we are 1-2 against) so 1-2.

    So that would put us at 25-10 and finishing at 98-64.
    Cards would have to go 30-8 to tie.

    Now that last one obviously seems a tad bit optimistic, but really all we would have to do is play the same way against these teams that we have been all year. I think it just shows we dont have to play amazing to make the playoffs, we just have to keep playing like we have all year and maybe even a little less would kill us and we have a good shot to make the playoffs.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    92

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Pretty generous outcomes. The Cubs I can see. Brewers will be tough to go 7 -2. MOre likely 6 - 3 and hope not as bad as 5 - 4. Cards could go either way. A sweep by eitehr is unlikely. Rockies are getting better. A split is more likely. Pirates better be at least 2 -1 (isn't that what the Cards said on monday?). I don't think a sweep against AZ will happen. 3 - 1 would be good. Houston has been playing better with decent pitching of late. Division rival could make for something closer to 4 - 2. SD is rolling. Unless they are tuning up and resting players, it will all depend on if those are must wins for either team for playoff qualification or positioning.

    I see more like 93 to 94 wins.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    681

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    3 games vs cubs (we are 11-2 against them) so ill go with 2-1 (even though weve swept the last 2 series vs them).
    9 vs the Brewers (we are 4-1 against them) so approx 7-2.
    3 vs the Cards (we are 5-10 against them) so 1-2.
    4 against Colorado (we are 2-1 against them) so 3-1. (since I didnt give us the ben of the doubt in the Cubs series)
    3 against Pirates (who we are 8-5 against) so 2-1.
    4 against Arizona (who we are 1.000 perncent against) so 4-0.
    6 against Houston (who we are 7-1 against) so 5-1.
    3 against SD (who we are 1-2 against) so 1-2.
    I quickly went through and jotted down what I consider slightly pessimistic or realistic outcomes for each season series. Surprisingly, mine added up to 18-17 (worse than I would have thought).

    Cubs 2-1
    Brewers 5-4
    Cards 1-2
    Rockies 2-2
    Pitt 2-1
    Arizona 2-2
    Houston 4-2
    San Diego 0-3


    Obviously, we could pick up some games from my predictions, esp AZ or SD.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    146

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    I quickly went through and jotted down what I consider slightly pessimistic or realistic outcomes for each season series. Surprisingly, mine added up to 18-17 (worse than I would have thought).

    Cubs 2-1
    Brewers 5-4
    Cards 1-2
    Rockies 2-2
    Pitt 2-1
    Arizona 2-2
    Houston 4-2
    San Diego 0-3


    Obviously, we could pick up some games from my predictions, esp AZ or SD.
    I wasnt really saying we are going to go 25-10 in those games, all I was saying is that is what we have done so far against those teams. If we play like we have all year thats the record we would go.

    But I agree we probably dont go 25-10, but it makes going 20-15 a lot more likely.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    3 games vs cubs -- Reds win 2 Lose 1
    9 vs the Brewers -- Reds win 4 lose 5
    3 vs the Cards --- Reds win 1 lose 2
    4 against Colorado --- Reds win 1 lose 3
    3 against Pirates --- Reds win 1 lose 2
    4 against Arizona ---- Reds win 2 lose 2
    6 against Houston --- Reds win 2 lose 4
    3 against SD --- Reds win 0 lose 3

    Final total Reds win 13 lose 22.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    146

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    3 games vs cubs -- Reds win 2 Lose 1
    9 vs the Brewers -- Reds win 4 lose 5
    3 vs the Cards --- Reds win 1 lose 2
    4 against Colorado --- Reds win 1 lose 3
    3 against Pirates --- Reds win 1 lose 2
    4 against Arizona ---- Reds win 2 lose 2
    6 against Houston --- Reds win 2 lose 4
    3 against SD --- Reds win 0 lose 3

    Final total Reds win 13 lose 22.
    Are you being serious?

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    256

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    3 games vs cubs -- Reds win 2 Lose 1
    9 vs the Brewers -- Reds win 4 lose 5
    3 vs the Cards --- Reds win 1 lose 2
    4 against Colorado --- Reds win 1 lose 3
    3 against Pirates --- Reds win 1 lose 2
    4 against Arizona ---- Reds win 2 lose 2
    6 against Houston --- Reds win 2 lose 4
    3 against SD --- Reds win 0 lose 3

    Final total Reds win 13 lose 22.
    Reds are better than that...I think they sweep AZ and take 9 of 12 vs. MIL/CHC.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    Are you being serious?
    yes i am, SD is the best team in the NL and we have to go there. Colorado is tough and we have to go THERE. So I see us struggling down the stretch. The Cards own us so we will get lucky to win 1 in St. Louis. We might win 5 out of 9 vs. the Brewers but I wound't bank on it and the Pirates who just took 2 of 3 from teh Cards are not to be looked over at all.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    Reds are better than that...I think they sweep AZ and take 9 of 12 vs. MIL/CHC.
    No chance they sweep a 4 game series, look what happen when the DC boys came to town for a 4 games series...

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    256

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No chance they sweep a 4 game series, look what happen when the DC boys came to town for a 4 games series...
    Taking 3 from AZ at the minimum, I see the Reds doing very well down the stretch. Cards are going to have to play at the level they were at during the last Reds series, or this race is over.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No chance they sweep a 4 game series, look what happen when the DC boys came to town for a 4 games series...
    They just swept 3 in Arizona.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    this race is going to go down to the last week of the season, and that is almost a fact...I like looking at all the options too, and I like this thread....but to think we are going to play ball like brm said, well, thats just silly talk.....but to also play ball to get us to 98 wins is also a little silly....we are going to have to bust balls to play .500 ball.....but I would not want it any other way, if we are to be prepared for the playoffs, then playing good ball down the stretch is the way to win.

  14. #13
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Just for fun...Here's my prediction.

    35 games left in the season for us.

    And finally if you take our records how weve done against the teams we have left to play on our schedule it would go like this...

    3 games vs cubs (we are 11-2 against them) 2-1
    9 vs the Brewers (we are 4-1 against them) 6-3
    3 vs the Cards (we are 5-10 against them) so 0-3
    4 against Colorado (we are 2-1 against them) so 2-2
    3 against Pirates (who we are 8-5 against) so 2-1
    4 against Arizona (who we are 1.000 perncent against) so 3-1
    6 against Houston (who we are 7-1 against) so 4-2
    3 against SD (who we are 1-2 against) so 1-2

    So that would put us at 20-15 and finishing at 93-69.
    Cards would have to go 25-13 to tie.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  15. #14
    Member Zimmers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    77

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    No chance the reds go 13-20. Im cautiously optimistic 4 the playoffs but the reds havent played that bad all season and all the sudden with more help on the way. The cards have 30 days without a off day and that is going to hurt them big time.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    146

    Re: Different scenarios just for fun

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    yes i am, SD is the best team in the NL and we have to go there. Colorado is tough and we have to go THERE. So I see us struggling down the stretch. The Cards own us so we will get lucky to win 1 in St. Louis. We might win 5 out of 9 vs. the Brewers but I wound't bank on it and the Pirates who just took 2 of 3 from teh Cards are not to be looked over at all.
    You are predicting us to lose every single series except the cubs...yet weve won 15 of our last 19.

    Wow, I thought some people on here were bad, but you sir are the worst.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25