Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relief! BPhil is ok... also welcome back Micah

Relief! BPhil is ok... also welcome back Micah

X-rays on Brandon Phillips (hand) were negative. He's available this weekend.

Source: John Fay
    Aug 26, 2010 / 4:55 pm et

also.

Reds Micah Owings has accepted an assignment to Triple-A Louisville.

Source: CBS Sports
    Aug 26, 2010 / 5:20 pm et

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Relief! BPhil is ok... also welcome back Micah

If I am the manager I tell Brandon he won't see any action this weekend at all, rest the wrist and be ready come Monday vs. the Brewers.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    If I am the manager I tell Brandon he won't see any action this weekend at all, rest the wrist and be ready come Monday vs. the Brewers.
    He's kind of important to the team. If he can play you tell him to get out there and play your heart out. There is no reason for him to sit on the bench if healthy.

Who's Brandon's backup? Cairo has come up with some key hits, but if he plays too long he gets exposed. As someone who's seen a lot of him, I know he isn't very good when he plays a lot.

you don't take a shot on the wrist like he did and get swelling like he did and be 100%. Why risk further damage or a lingering naggin injury when you can rest him at home this weekend vs. the Cubs. You have to look big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    He's kind of important to the team. If he can play you tell him to get out there and play your heart out. There is no reason for him to sit on the bench if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by mckbearcat48 View Post
    Who's Brandon's backup? Cairo has come up with some key hits, but if he plays too long he gets exposed. As someone who's seen a lot of him, I know he isn't very good when he plays a lot.
    With Cabrera back, Yanish would be able to play second base.

If there is no break, it's just a bruise. You can't do further damage, and he's already proven he can play through pain in the past.

Welcome back, Micah!

Awesome news about BP.

It's August 27. Nobody's 100%. If Brandon is healthy, he needs to play. Every game is important.

This is a huge relief. Phillips would be very hard to replace for an extended period of time.

Owings could potentially help in September. Would have been nice to have him for that 16-5 loss in SF to save the rest of the pen. He's probably a better choice than Leake for the long role.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we may very well need Micah before the year is over, kudos to him!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    It's August 27. Nobody's 100%. If Brandon is healthy, he needs to play. Every game is important.
    Ditto. We have a chance to put some serious separation between us and the Cards. Now isn't the time for resting.

Micah needs to be on the 40-man roster to be able to come up in September, right? I don't think he's on it right now, but I could be wrong. I would give him Springer's spot and stay with two catchers (hate to say it because I love Corkstache). Hanny and Ramon should both be pretty fresh with their stints on the DL and how much they've rotated.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

You are correct, Micah is not on the 40 man roster, and you do have to be on the 40 man to get called up.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/team/...n.jsp?c_id=cin
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Turn Off Ads?