Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Micah Owings

Micah Owings

Does anyone think that since every big league team passed on owings as a pitcher that maybe he wil decide at this time to become an outfielder or firstbaseman?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Micah Owings

No...Owings' flaws would be exposed if he was a non-pitcher.

maybe hes the next rick ankiel (doubted). but i think he will get exposed. he extend his left leg towards the thirdbase side so hes a lil off balance, cant adjust different pitches b/c hes off balnce. and is strictly a pull hitter w/ below avg power. plus i have no idea what his past baseball history is but waht kind of fielder is he? he doesnt look that fast.

i know we put Dunn on waivers in a trade for this guy but wow does it suck to be it 1 1/2 years later with nothing to show for. im not exactly sure how the whole waivers thing actually works but wow we gave up nothing for a 40hr gut w/ great OBP.

sidenote dont wanna derail thread but why wasnt dunn used at 1b primarily? sure sean casey was here for sometime but not the whole time.

takealeake

Him and Alonso should be working their butts off in the offseason to try to become left fielders IMO. There aren't spots for them here elsewhere if not. It can be done.

I don't see Micah with the Reds next season.

For some reason, I have always really like Micah, so I'm glad to hear this. Kinda makes one wonder after seeing how terrible Leake has been in the role of long reliever as to whether or not Micah might actually get placed back on the 40 man? Might be a longshot, but didn't he actually pitch a few games this season in the long-reliever role and actually do a pretty decent job? I seem to remember Micah going in back in May when Homer was injured vs. the Indians and it also seems as though Micah pitched a long-role vs. the Astro's(?) and did pretty good. He was pretty bad in his last game (vs. the Pirates I think, in relief of Leake(?)), but he had not pitched in a long time, so it's kinda hard to expect anyone to go out and there and be lights out.

Turn Off Ads?