Turn Off Ads?

Thread: do we win division??

do we win division??

35 games to play. Reds up 4 games, it's been a fun year. give me your reasons why we win division, not trying to jinx, just wondering what some of the fans out there think. I like hearing people's perspective's. GO Reds!!! beat cubs..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: do we win division??

We have the easier September schedule. I think aside from the Cards, we have to go to Colorado and San Diego, but other than that have a decent schedule.

The Cards have to play their big rival, the Cubs 6 more times (as do we, but as we've seen the Cubs don't quite get up to play us as they do St. Louis)... they have to go to Atlanta for 4 games, and they play Colorado and San Diego at home.

We have more road games, but they have more difficult teams to play. And as we've seen this year, we play pretty much as well on the road as we do at home. They definitely do not.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Because we're better than them and we know it
    TWITTER : @KOBasinger

At this point it's ours to lose, I think we get it done. Have to worry a little about our matchups in the playoffs but just to make it would be great considering the outlook at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBasinger View Post
    Because we're better than them and we know it
    That's my opinion also. It's pretty simple really. The Reds are the better team, the hotter team, and the hungrier team. Just look at the two teams' records overall, their records since the break, their records since the STL sweep at GAB (which was obviously a fluke), etc. Anyway you look at it, the Reds are the better team. That's why they'll win the division.

The Reds need to build a larger lead to the point where IF the Cards sweep again, we still have a decent lead in the division standings. Hopefully the Reds improve to 6 games ahead before heading to St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    That's my opinion also. It's pretty simple really. The Reds are the better team, the hotter team, and the hungrier team. Just look at the two teams' records overall, their records since the break, their records since the STL sweep at GAB (which was obviously a fluke), etc. Anyway you look at it, the Reds are the better team. That's why they'll win the division.
    I don't think it's a fluke to lose against those pitchers.

I just want to win one game in StL. If we do that, we win the division.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I think the Cardinals will start to wear down in September.

Their last off day of the whole season is the day before they play the Reds. With the work load that Holiday and Molina have had, I don't think the Cards will be able to sustain success if either of these players are worn down or not in the lineup.

This also doesn't afford them the luxury to skip Lohse or Westbrook.
    Last edited by knoonan991; 08-27-2010 at 01:57 PM.

YES!!!!
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."...George Orwell

"George Bush is a fan of mine...he came to see me in the 70's. His coke dealer brought him."...Bette Midler

The Buckeye Bomber

Absolutely, I think we win the Central. We're the better team, we're in better position and we've just made it through the roughest part of our remaining schedule.

The Cardinals have lost three straight games to teams in last place.

Our division to win or lose.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Reds finish the year going 19-16 the cardinals would have to finish going 25-12.

Turn Off Ads?