Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Top Ten

Re: 2011 Top Ten

I see Chapman as number one.

I see Mesoraco and Hamilton as the next two because they play premium positions and have done well.

I see Francisco and Alonso as 4-5. Both have weaknesses but significant positives and are on the cusp of the major leagues.

I'd go with Yorman Rodriguez as 6. Big upside, but still a long way to go. Plate discipline issues.

Todd Frazier at seven. Yasmani Grandal at 8. Cozart at 9. Joseph at 10.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I see Francisco and Alonso as 4-5. Both have weaknesses but significant positives and are on the cusp of the major leagues.
    What's Yonder Alonso's weakness?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    What's Yonder Alonso's weakness?
    Only plays one position.

Not fast.

For a first baseman, not a big power guy.

By reputation, has trouble with lefties, although I haven't checked of late.

Stengths are all around hitting ability and plate discipline. Probably a decent first baseman defensively from what I've heard.

I think he's a top five player in the Reds' system. That's not bad at all.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-27-2010 at 05:07 PM.

id have to really take some time and think this over...and with the Reds getting ready to start I will edit this later....but any list without junior arias, billy hamilton and dave sappelt on it needs to be re-done....just my opinion but I will edit later.

1. Chapman: Must I explain?
    2. Mesoraco: 2 grand slams in his first week of AAA, and have you seen his stats?
    3. Hamilton: I put him as #3 because the Reds need a leadoff hitter, and he fits that rile perfectly.
    4. Valaika: Did you guys forget about him? .300+ average in AAA, good stats in the majors so far, solid defensively, what's not to like?
    5. Alonso: Good average hitter, apparently good power, but that didn't show in AAA. We don't need him though, so I say trade him and a pitcher for a left fielder or a shortstop.

Not sure about the order of the next 5, but Grandal, Frazier, Cozart, Sappelt, and Fransisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    1. Chapman: Must I explain?
    2. Mesoraco: 2 grand slams in his first week of AAA, and have you seen his stats?
    3. Hamilton: I put him as #3 because the Reds need a leadoff hitter, and he fits that rile perfectly.
    4. Valaika: Did you guys forget about him? .300+ average in AAA, good stats in the majors so far, solid defensively, what's not to like?
    5. Alonso: Good average hitter, apparently good power, but that didn't show in AAA. We don't need him though, so I say trade him and a pitcher for a left fielder or a shortstop.

Not sure about the order of the next 5, but Grandal, Frazier, Cozart, Sappelt, and Fransisco.
    Prospect rankings are not based on major league team need. Drafting should not be either because it is too volatile.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

1. Mez - Middle of the order bat, defense to stick at catcher. Easy call.
    2. Grandal - Switch hitting, high upside if he can stay behind the plate, decent upside if he goes to first.
    3. Alonso - As I predicted when he was drafted, inability to play other positions a check on his value. Major league ready right now, IMO.
    4. Hamilton - Slick fielding speedster will need to prove he has the arm to stick at SS and the bat/OB-skills to make his base-stealing a weapon.
    5. Y-Rod - Interchangable with Hamilton here. Young, raw, and full of potential upside and potential pitfalls as he grows up. Tremendous talent displayed as a very young 17 y/o in rookie ball.
    6. Chapman - Electric fastball, but value marginalized in current deployment. Could be the best bullpen guy ever, but ability to impact games severely limited in that role.
    7. Frazier - Call me crazy, but I think they jerked this guy around too much defensively and it adversely impacted his bat. I still believe, though.
    8. Cozart - Could be a solid big-league contributor if the Reds decide to move on from Brandon Phillips and his contract in 2012.
    9. Joseph - High-K impact LHP out of the pen. See, you can find them without converting starters.
    10. Guillon - Intriguing young pitcher, still too far off to project.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 01-31-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

#1 - Chapman - There is still hope that things change when the Reds realize Homer isn't what they hoped he'd be.

#2 - Mes - It's all been said. Big bat + Good glove, IMO #1 actual catcher in the minors.

#3 - Alonso - His bat could still be special and if it is his defense will eventually be good enough. He may not be a future Red but that doesn't take away from his prospect status.

#4 - Hamilton - I wouldn't hate on someone who put Yorman here instead, I could see the reasoning. But I am a sucker for potentially elite defensive SS's who can also be dynamic offensively.

#5 - Yorman - Take everything I just said about Hamilton and apply it to CF.

#6 - Cozart - Again I love the SS position and Cozart though not special could be very good.

#7 - Frazier - Still a fan of Todd, but his armbar could potentially present some problems for him. I still think he is the teams answer at the hot corner for quite some time.

#8 - Joseph - A nasty, nasty slider and enough heat to be a legit back of the pen arm. Just a little polishing to do so he could come quick.

#9 - Grandal - Could move up this list quick but it's too soon to tell right now.

#10 - Brad Boxberger - This is more a hope than anything else but he is the next best shot at us having a solid starter on the way. And I also still think ones draft position should hold some weight until we know something one way or the other.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?