Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juan Francisco recalled, Mike Leake to disabled list with fatigued right shoulder

Re: Juan Francisco recalled, Mike Leake to disabled list with fatigued right shoulder

Phantom DL trip for Leake?

I agree with the notion that 11 pitchers is a bad idea. The day off yesterday helped for sure, but if someone gets knocked out in the 1st or 2nd inning...LeCure is going to have to go the distance. Remember that Zito had to come in for relief during the SF series for them. And San Fran only had 11 pitchers as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Juan Francisco recalled, Mike Leake to disabled list with fatigued right shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't get the whole thing.

Why go with 11 pitchers now, after the pitching staff was beaten up in SF?

If anything, I'd expect more pitchers, not fewer pitchers.

And Lecure is still on the staff, have to wonder how long he will stay up.

September 1 is just a few days away, still I expect a pitcher to joing the club imminently.
    Nix and Phillips with limited availability means a position payer is needed. Cueto on the mound and a day off yesterday means the staff is probably in better shape than the position guys right now. If they need to go to the pen early, Lecure will get the call and be optioned after the game with a fresh arm to replace him. If Phillips or Nix improve Valaika or Francisco will go down and an arm added. It makes sense to me.

I doubt that the Reds will still have 11 pitchers by Sunday.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    But here's the thing. If we're basically shutting him down due to too many innings...do we WANT to use him in the playoffs? I don't think we do. At least not THIS year. In the next 5 years when we're in the playoffs each year, sure.
    No, at least I don't...He was instrumental in getting us hopefully to the playoffs, but I do not want to see him in the playoffs. Either way, I still have the upmost respect for Leake and he has done an unreal job so far this season.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Really? we're following players to restaurants now?
    uhh dude, they are kind of a big deal!
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Indeed. Juan Francisco's dog ate a wheel of cheese out of Juan's fridge.

Francisco wasn't even mad, just amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Indeed. Juan Francisco's dog ate a wheel of cheese out of Juan's fridge.

Francisco wasn't even mad, just amazed.
    If his dog can get into the fridge on his own, his vet bills are going to be a much bigger deal than buying more cheese.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?