Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thinking about the postseason TV schedule

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Thinking about the postseason TV schedule

I was just thinking about it; if a team 'like the Reds' were to get into the postseason and play in the NLDS; isn't it likely that we'd begin the series with two weekday games starting around 2:30 or 3:00 and they'd let the larger market teams play at 8:00 PM?

That would be my luck, wait all these years to see some postseason baseball and then we play at 2:00. I guess 5:00 PM wouldn't be so bad, but that's about when I leave work. If I'm to catch the whole game, relaxed we'd have to play on prime time during the week or I'd miss it all or parts. And I know there's DVR but I'd also have to turn off my phone during the work day or I'd be getting texts about the game as well as calls.

I need to work for myself so when my team makes the playoffs I can enjoy it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thinking about the postseason TV schedule

I've been thinking about this myself the past few days. I'd guess the same....we'd probably get the 2:00 TBS slot for the first couple games.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I suppose that I could have worse things to worry about....
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

I feel for you.

I remember in 1990, during the Pirates series.... I think it was game two or game three....Anyway, it was afternoon start and I had to ride the bus home from school. Living in the country, that took something like 45 minutes. I got home just in time to see the very end of the game.

People often complain that the games start too late, but I think it's better because it leaves us with the option to make that decision to stay up and be all bleary eyed the next morning.

This time around, I am my own boss and I'll have the XM tuned in from the start.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I work for myself so I have some flexibility. Most of my work gets done in the morning and at night, though, so an afternoon start time would be great for me.

I can deal with two road games during the weekdays to start a series, then one on the weekend and say, maybe a game 4 at night in Cincinnati (Yankees sweep someone opening up the prime time slot).

And thank God for DVR, I'll just have to stay off every internet site and turn my phone off until 8 that night....

How can you guess when they'll be scheduled if you don't know who they'll be playing?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?