Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chapman hits 105!

Re: Chapman hits 105!

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    I would like to know what gun zumaya was clocked on. Stadium guns and tv guns are notorius for being higher then scout guns. If Zumaya hit 105 on scouts guns like chapman did I would be surprised.
    It's legit...it's documented online all over the place. However, I've never heard or seen him clocked at 107 in a game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13 View Post
    I would like to know what gun zumaya was clocked on. Stadium guns and tv guns are notorius for being higher then scout guns. If Zumaya hit 105 on scouts guns like chapman did I would be surprised.
    This was a during a spring training game I attended in Lakeland, Florida in March of 2007. It was on a stadium speed display on the outfield board.

From Baseball America:

What was more important for the Reds was Chapman's command. He retired the side on 14 pitches, 11 of them were strikes. Since July 10, Chapman has thrown 66 percent strikes. Over those 20 games, Chapman is 4-0, 0.83 with eight saves in eight opportunities. He's allowed 10 hits and seven walks over those 21 2/3 innings with 35 strikeouts. He's struck out 42 percent of the batters he's faced over the past month and a half.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=10187

Carlos Marmol with better control and a harder fastball

What was more important for the Reds was Chapman's command. He retired the side on 14 pitches, 11 of them were strikes. Since July 10, Chapman has thrown 66 percent strikes. Over those 20 games, Chapman is 4-0, 0.83 with eight saves in eight opportunities. He's allowed 10 hits and seven walks over those 21 2/3 innings with 35 strikeouts. He's struck out 42 percent of the batters he's faced over the past month and a half.
    That is just sick!

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Carlos Marmol with better control and a harder fastball
    And left-handed. And he may end up being able to start.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Turn Off Ads?