Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Reds will get the big 3 Labor Day weekend

Re: The Reds will get the big 3 Labor Day weekend

I still have a very bad feeling about this series. Don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I'm already nervous.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    If the Reds want to be a contender they have to beat guys like them.
    Since the Reds are currently "contending", apparently not.

BRING IT ON!! We can't play scared!! This series is what being a playoff contender is all about.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

I just wish I could watch, or at least listen, to those games. Should be interesting.

What this says to me is that the Cards have to manipulate their rotation if they are to have a chance. The Reds don't. They can pitch their starters based on what's best for them overall.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Wainwright was pulled today in the 5th

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The Reds will win that series....the knockout punch to the LaRussa's

Cards better stop worry about the Reds, and start worrying about the game in front of them, or they might be 6-7 games out come Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Since the Reds are currently "contending", apparently not.
    Contend for more than the NL Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    The way Houston has been playing, that may not be looking like such a hot decision next week.
    They already struggle against Houston as it is, especially Bud Norris. They're (again) throwing all their eggs in the Cincinnati basket, they might trip and crush their eggs against the other teams.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I believe Ken Broo was saying yesterday on Sports Talk that someone with the Reds told him they'll make sure Cueto doesn't start in the Cards series.

I don't get this. I want my best pitcher(s) going against them. I assume they're fearing for retaliation from St. Louis? I'm sure that's contributing, but I still want him out there.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

May be more Cincy's concern that the moment and emotions do not get into Cueto's head.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    What this says to me is that the Cards have to manipulate their rotation if they are to have a chance. The Reds don't. They can pitch their starters based on what's best for them overall.
    That's what it says to me too. Larussa is sacrificing his other games to concentrate on the Reds...not very smart when all the games count the same in the standings. In fact, this move may lose them the Wild Card race. Most teams with a weak back end of their rotation move their best starters UP in the rotation at this time of the year. Moving them BACK gives more starts to the worst pitchers. Tony's just TOO smart for me.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Contend for more than the NL Central.
    We need to GET to the playoffs before we start worrying about the playoffs.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    May be more Cincy's concern that the moment and emotions do not get into Cueto's head.
    That's a good possibility. The fact the Reds aren't taking this seriously as the Cardinals might be working to their advantage. The Reds are grasping the big picture, where the Cardinals continue focusing too much on one team.

Turn Off Ads?