Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Grandal

Grandal

Does anybody know when or if he might be moved up to Billings? I'm wondering because I will be at the Billings-Missoula game next Sunday and would really love to see him play.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Grandal

I am guessing they are letting him finish off the playoffs with the AZL Reds. They are just about done I believe, may even be in the championship series next.

I can't remember, did he sign a major league contract? I think he did. He may be on a similar 1st year schedule to Yonder, less than 20 days in the minors, then up to the majors at roster expansion so he doesn't burn an option this season. He may never play in the majors, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him come up in early september

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I can't remember, did he sign a major league contract? I think he did. He may be on a similar 1st year schedule to Yonder, less than 20 days in the minors, then up to the majors at roster expansion so he doesn't burn an option this season. He may never play in the majors, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him come up in early september
    Yonder was never called up to the majors.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Yonder was never called up to the majors.
    He was called up he just never went to Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    He was called up he just never went to Cincinnati.
    Yep, check Cots Yonder has major league service time.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I got into an argument with someone from mlbtraderumors about that. He claimed that Cot's simply made a typo. However, I'm 100% sure that Alonso was called up. If the guy from mlbtraderumors is right, that means the Reds media guide made the same typo.

Yonder was called up, though I don't know if he ever was in cincy (much less played) during that time. It was strictly a procedural move that allowed them to avoid using an option on him. In a nut shell, the rule is that if you spend less than 20 days in the minors before coming up, it doesn't count as an option. they may do the same thing w/ Grandal. Its the reason why Yonder started out with a team the Reds knew wasn't going to make the playoffs

They will do the same thing with Grandal.

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    Does anybody know when or if he might be moved up to Billings? I'm wondering because I will be at the Billings-Missoula game next Sunday and would really love to see him play.
    Baseball game in Montana in September? I'm jealous!! Anyhow, Reds give little info regarding latest minute Minors moves. Maybe if you check the 'stangs site, there might be some info. When Reds finally signed him they said they wanted him to get to Billings quickly. (which is where a #1, college-experienced player should belong).

He is not on the Mustangs roster yet. Billings only has nine games left, and the last one is on September 9th. They are likely not going to be in the playoffs.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I'm not sure why Cots is showing, perhaps it has something to do with him having a ML deal. I went back and looked at the Reds transactions for September, 2008 and there's no mention of Alonso being called up. In October, 2009, they showed "roster status changed," which they also showed for LeCure and Bray on the same date. Not sure what that means. Perhaps that's where the service time comes from, although that's just a guess for me.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Yonder was called up, though I don't know if he ever was in cincy (much less played) during that time. It was strictly a procedural move that allowed them to avoid using an option on him. In a nut shell, the rule is that if you spend less than 20 days in the minors before coming up, it doesn't count as an option. they may do the same thing w/ Grandal. Its the reason why Yonder started out with a team the Reds knew wasn't going to make the playoffs
    That makes sense. It would account for why he has not been moved to Billings. By my count, the Reds would need to add him to the ML roster in the next two days in order to save the option.

Turn Off Ads?