Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Hunt for a Red October...

The Hunt for a Red October...

Is officially on! This is so cool - watching the Reds play (and win) meaningful games and we're going to be in September tomorrow. In the past I would get bummed out and want to give up when we are down a few runs but I've learned you cannot count this team out - even like last night when they play sloppy or make baserunning mistakes, etc, they continue to surprise and find a way to pull those games out.

Win this series against the Brewers and take 2 of 3 from St Louis and its going to take a miracle for the Cards to catch back up. How cool will it be to see the Reds in a playoff series!!

Here's to the 2010 playoffs and I'll take the Padres in round 1 please (yeah I know they have the best record and so forth but I would rather take our chances against them than the Phillies or SF to be honest).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Re: The Hunt for a Red October...

I don't care who we play first in the playoffs, we have to beat two of the three other teams to get to the World Series. I just don't know what to do with my weekend. Normally in September, I watch college football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday. Now I will likely be watching baseball and trying to catch scores during the commercial breaks. Go Reds!!! I haven't been this excited about baseball in a LONG time.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I don't care who we play first in the playoffs, we have to beat two of the three other teams to get to the World Series. I just don't know what to do with my weekend. Normally in September, I watch college football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday. Now I will likely be watching baseball and trying to catch scores during the commercial breaks. Go Reds!!! I haven't been this excited about baseball in a LONG time.
    I'm with you - I havent even realized how close Bengals first game is due to actually following Reds this late in the year ...

The Buckeyes kick off their season in two days, which normally ranks right up there with Christmas day for me, but I keep finding myself forgetting...

I love me some Bengals, but have barely thought about them.

Usually, once football starts, I'll be keeping track of the Reds on my phone or something during football Sundays, but be clearly focused on the Bengals. Not so this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    The Buckeyes kick off their season in two days, which normally ranks right up there with Christmas day for me, but I keep finding myself forgetting...
    I hope your not to depressed after The Herd wins one

But really, Looking forward to coming up to the Shoe. We almost stole one last time we came. Take it easy on us
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by mivers176 View Post
    I'm with you - I havent even realized how close Bengals first game is due to actually following Reds this late in the year ...
    Ditto. I'm usually starting to turn my attention towards football around this time. But this year football seems a long way off - even though it starts this week. I love it!

The title of the thread immediately made me think of this:

At least on Thursday night, the Reds are off so we can keep our focus on one thing. Starting Saturday is when it gets confusing. I am a U of L football season ticket holder. Normally in the stands, I have my transister radio tuned to the game in front of me, but now I will be listening to the Reds v. Cardinals while watching live football in front of me. It could lead some weird cheering during timeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    At least on Thursday night, the Reds are off so we can keep our focus on one thing. Starting Saturday is when it gets confusing. I am a U of L football season ticket holder. Normally in the stands, I have my transister radio tuned to the game in front of me, but now I will be listening to the Reds v. Cardinals while watching live football in front of me. It could lead some weird cheering during timeouts.
    Now that's a fan...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I will seriously start to believe if Carpenter loses tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    This is happeneing to me too. I'm usually counting down the days to kick off, but this year it's been completely different. I also had forgotten who Terelle Pryor was until yesterday they mentioned his name on Sportscenter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I will seriously start to believe if Carpenter loses tonight.
    Okay....so, update your status now. Still on the fence or a 'true' believer?
    Chapman is lights out. Votto will win MVP. Reds get in and win at least one playoff series - those are my optimistic predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    I hope your not to depressed after The Herd wins one

But really, Looking forward to coming up to the Shoe. We almost stole one last time we came. Take it easy on us
    I was there for that game...sweating bullets. I hope to be a little more relaxed this time around, but good luck to the Thundering Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mivers176 View Post
    Okay....so, update your status now. Still on the fence or a 'true' believer?
    Chapman is lights out. Votto will win MVP. Reds get in and win at least one playoff series - those are my optimistic predictions!
    If you're going to get all optimistic, predict a WS appearance, at the very least.

Turn Off Ads?