Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mike Moustakas

Resident PED Expert

Mike Moustakas

Talk about someone living up to the hype...

Hit 3 HR's tonight and had 11 RBI. E L E V E N. IN a 9 inning game...

For the year between AA and AAA at 21 years old:

.326 AVG / 39 2B / 34 HR / 119 RBI... only 64 K's all year against 73 XBH, 1.010 OPS.

I have changed my opinion on who should be MiLB POY.

This guy could be as close to a lock as KC has had for Superstardom since Carlos Beltran.
    Last edited by nemesis; 08-31-2010 at 02:51 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mike Moustakas

More on Moustakas' night . . . .

1st Inning - flies out Score: 0-0
    3rd Inning - 2-run HR Score: 5-2
    3rd Inning - 3-run HR off of Gary Majewski Score: 13-2
    4th Inning - 3-run double off of Majewski Score 17-3
    5th Inning - flies out Score: 18-3
    7th Inning - 3-run HR Score: 23-5

Absolutely sick!

I have kind of been surprised he hasn't mentioned in the few names I see thrown out here for Player of the Year. Obviously I would love Mesoraco to win it and think he is deserving of some votes but Moustakas has been scary good at the plate. It has only been about 2 years since I saw him at low A, wonder if the fielding has gotten any better because it was BAD back then.

Closest thing to a sure thing since Alex Gordon
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

That's quite a night for the offense. The Majik Man strikes again.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Closest thing to a sure thing since Alex Gordon
    Not really the same thing. Gordon was called up after one (though impressive) season in the minors. He had just over 500 PAs down there, all in one AA stop.

Moustakas has now had over 1,5000 PAs and is putting together a season, partially a level higher than Gordon did mind you, that rivals some of the more impressive minor league performances in recent memory.

It seems there's more to draw from with Moustakas than there was with Gordon. He was much heralded in the same way, but there was never much time to find the kinks in his game. Moustakas got some of those rough patches out of the way last year.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    That's quite a night for the offense. The Majik Man strikes again.
    No kidding I was impressed until I seen most of the damage was off of Majewski.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?