Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name the Reds foul balls or HR balls you have caught

Re: Name the Reds foul balls or HR balls you have caught

I got a foul ball hit by George Brett his last season, down in Plant City.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I dont think it should be a setrule, everyone has their choice and value on it. But, from the times I have given balls away, the sight of a kid excited about it beats it sitting on my shelf, IMO. I got a foul ball at a Bulls/bats game a month or so back and gave it to a kid who was hanging around, and he was so excited it made me enjoy it more.
    Yeah, I agree that it shouldn't be a ballpark rule. It's just a personal rule of mine. I don't need a baseball, my wife will just yell at me for cluttering up the house, and the amount of joy it would give a little kid is far greater than any pleasure I'll get out of throwing it in a box in the basement.

I do like how it's a rule at the minor league park, though.

topsyt

Caught Home run ball hit by Jeff Keppinger of the Astros last year. Fired that sucker back to Chris Dickerson who got rid of it.

Usher brought me "I threw one back at GABP" inscribed ball. Haven't thrown a ball since-decided I only throw with major leaguers now!

Quote Originally Posted by topsyt View Post
    Caught Home run ball hit by Jeff Keppinger of the Astros last year. Fired that sucker back to Chris Dickerson who got rid of it.

Usher brought me "I threw one back at GABP" inscribed ball. Haven't thrown a ball since-decided I only throw with major leaguers now!
    Haha, really? That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    If a kid expects a stranger to give him a baseball and his heart is broken if he doesn't get it......no offense, but that kid is a moron. lol
    Some would say that any adult male over the age of 30 who is excited to catch a insignificant foul ball is also a moron. not messin, just sayin:

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    Some would say that any adult male over the age of 30 who is excited to catch a insignificant foul ball is also a moron. not messin, just sayin:
    Have you ever read Zack Hample's blog, then? :

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Have you ever read Zack Hample's blog, then? :
    No I havent, got a link?

I got an Austin Kearns foul ball when I was up at Riverfront/Cinergy Construction Yard.

No I havent, got a link?
    He kinda makes a living out of it, is also an author, and has charitable purposes behind his actions.

Also, lots of great photos of various stadiums. Very interesting guy.

http://snaggingbaseballs.mlblogs.com/

On the same topic, I always make sure I sit between home-plate and the kids, wife, girlfriend, elderly person, etc..

I find it appalling when grown men fail to recognize the dangers of foul balls (and homeruns) and don't act pro-active when it comes to protecting their own family (or any other child (behind them, in front of them).

So many fail to pay attention, or when the ball is coming they dodge out of the way, try to bare-hand it or something that won't get them hurt, and instead some child, gal, or elderly person gets hurt by a foul-ball or homerun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    On the same topic, I always make sure I sit between home-plate and the kids, wife, girlfriend, elderly person, etc..

I find it appalling when grown men fail to recognize the dangers of foul balls (and homeruns) and don't act pro-active when it comes to protecting their own family (or any other child (behind them, in front of them).

So many fail to pay attention, or when the ball is coming they dodge out of the way, try to bare-hand it or something that won't get them hurt, and instead some child, gal, or elderly person gets hurt by a foul-ball or homerun.
    You mean like that idiot in (I think) Houston that let his girl get hit by the ball and claimed he lost it in the light? Dude jumped out of the way at the last second and it pegged her, luckily, in the arm. If you lose it in the lights that's fine, but you gotta cover your girl!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    You mean like that idiot in (I think) Houston that let his girl get hit by the ball and claimed he lost it in the light? Dude jumped out of the way at the last second and it pegged her, luckily, in the arm. If you lose it in the lights that's fine, but you gotta cover your girl!
    Like Casey said on the broadcast tonight...."You take one in the chest if you even think there's a possibility that it might hit a child behind you (or someone else who's defenseless)".

I've taken one in the chest before. I've taken one in the arm before. Both to make sure it doesn't hit someone less able to take the impact.

I would hope I never stop getting excited at foul balls, even at 80.....

I watched last year as a mom moved out of the way of a bat coming in the stands at Bulls game, only to leave her young child open for a full blow direct to the head. Know it was likely just instinct to move out of way of somethingcoming for your dome, but that kid took a heck of a shot, never saw or heard how they were, but he had to be taken away by medical staff.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

By the way, thas big of oyu to sit between your wife and girlfriend J/k.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?