Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is more important tonight

What is more important tonight

Going in tonights game with a 6 game lead, what is the most important thing that we need to see happen tonight?

A) Reds win, nothing else matters
    B) Harrang pitches well and deep, a win would be nice, but we need to see him pitch well
    C) Chapman debuts and pitches well no matter if we win or lose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What is more important tonight

win. most important

"You play to WIN the game!!"

That's a good question. Until we clinch, obviously winning is the most important thing. But we need a good outing from Harang too. I can't wait to see Chapman pitch, and hopefully it's tonight, but I'll be content with him slowly becoming a factor on the team.

So in order of importance ... I'll go - A, B, C

In a perfect world Harrang gives up 6 runs in 2 innings (just so Dusty doesnt get delusional and pens him in as a game 1 starter) The Reds come back to win with Chapman pitching 2 innings and getting 6ks and the Reds win 7 to 6 on another Jay Bruce walk off.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Win! If we win I could not care less how Aaron pitches or IF the Cuban even sees the field. Until we clench homefield throughout, winning is all that matters.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

for me, given we have the 6 game lead, it is VITAL that Harang pitches a strong game tonight. With the questions around Bailey and Wood at this point, we need Harang to step up and give the Reds 6-7 strong innings tonight. If he fails we are looking at a HUGE question mark for our rotation.

Tonight we face the one pitcher the Brewers have that can shut down a opposing team. If we can just get a win against Gallardo I would be very happy.

Gallardo has not posted a quality start in his last five outings and we pounded him the last time we saw him. Hopefully it's more of the same tonight.

Since I'm going to be there tonight, the selfish part of me wants to say C. I think it's only natural since we all have been waiting for 7 1/2 months.

However, it has to be A. The Reds just have to keep grinding it out and not let off the gas pedal.

Cardinal loss

Why would you root against Harang?

In a perfect world, Harang throws 7 shutout innings and is a horse down the stretch. He regains his old form and is a big contributor to the Reds winning it all.

Chapman pitches the 8th and strikes out the side on 9 pitches.

Reds win, Cardinal lose, 7 game lead.

At this point every win is huge. If Harang looks solid that would be big too since the rotation is stretched thin. Even a mediocre Harang eating up innings with a 4.50 ERA would be helpful at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post

In a perfect world, Harang throws 7 shutout innings and is a horse down the stretch. He regains his old form and is a big contributor to the Reds winning it all.

This.

Btw, are you from Hanover, OH?

Johnny Cueto Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post

That would be lovely.

Turn Off Ads?