Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any AFL info

Re: Any AFL info

I thought Walt had said the plan was to send Chapman to the AFL to get him some more innings and help the transition back to starter next season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I thought Walt had said the plan was to send Chapman to the AFL to get him some more innings and help the transition back to starter next season.
    He could simply have meant Arizona Instructional League.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mumike View Post
    As for Carroll, my brother's heard that they may not send him because of the number of innings he's thrown this year (which was his first full year in the minors without injury).
    Thanks for the update. Is he feeling back to normal after all the issues and injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Thanks for the update. Is he feeling back to normal after all the issues and injuries?
    He felt great all year and is happy to put everything behind him. He had a pretty good year and is hoping to start next season in great shape. Who knows, he may get a shot.

He'll never be a big "stuff" guy, but he's a good kid and a very good athlete that knows how to pitch. He gets a high percentage of ground balls, so maybe his route is a middle reliever, situational guy, I don't know. He's more than willing to do whatever it is the Reds, or another team, ask of him.

I'm proud of him no matter what, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mumike View Post
    He felt great all year and is happy to put everything behind him. He had a pretty good year and is hoping to start next season in great shape. Who knows, he may get a shot.

He'll never be a big "stuff" guy, but he's a good kid and a very good athlete that knows how to pitch. He gets a high percentage of ground balls, so maybe his route is a middle reliever, situational guy, I don't know. He's more than willing to do whatever it is the Reds, or another team, ask of him.

I'm proud of him no matter what, that's for sure.
    I think he could have a good future in relief, especially if he stays with the Reds. That groundball rate is getting it done and in the bullpen he could probably add a tick or two on his FB.

*Bump*
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Not exactly AFL news.... but I am attending games from 27-30 Oct

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Not exactly AFL news.... but I am attending games from 27-30 Oct
    Oh it is news, because I am sure you will give us a few reports.

-The Insider-

I've never been to the AFL

However, I did hear last year, that when DB was manager that some parents got mad because they could easily hear what was going on the field and they got mad because they could hear DB saying some choice words to the umpire.

Turn Off Ads?