Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 Minor League Updates

Re: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 Minor League Updates

With one out in the seventh, Maddox homers. Grandal singles. Muller singles, Grandal to third. Pitching change. The next two batters are Matthews and Poulk.
    Last edited by mace; 09-01-2010 at 12:28 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Matthews with a sac fly. Poulk fans. 8-8 going into the bottom of the seventh.

Quite a championship game.

Nathan Driessen on for the Reds.

I find this to be a remarkable thing: Last night, when the Reds beat the AZL Giants in the semifinals, the Giants' first four pitchers were born in the 1980s. The Reds' first four pitchers were born in the 1990s.

Tonight, the Brewers' four pitchers were all born in the 1980s. The Reds' three pitchers were all born in the 1990s.

It's hard not to be enthused about what this organization has going on.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Matthews with a sac fly. Poulk fans. 8-8 going into the bottom of the seventh.

Quite a championship game.
    Agreed. I am as worked up over this as I was over the Reds game tonight. I find it vital that the kids come in and win something. Develops a attitude and instinct the system has lacked overall for a long long time. Raton is absolutely a prospect. I don't care if it is just Rookie League ball. Kid is clutch.
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

A good inning for Driessen, who's a good prospect. All tied going into the eighth. Silva's up, followed by the top of the order . . . Would sure like to see Arias break out of his 0-for and do his thing.
    Last edited by mace; 09-01-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Wow, I just saw how the Brewers' seventh inning ended. Man on third, one out. Line drive to Torreyes at second. He fired to third to double off the runner.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    A good inning for Driessen, who's a good prospect. All tied going into the eight. Silva's up, followed by the top of the order . . . Would sure like to see Arias break out of his 0-for and do his thing.
    Same for Vidal. Neither have contributed tonight after being a big part of the offense all season. How about a Raton 2B a Arias SH and a Vidal SF for the lead in the 9th?
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

I forgot about the Raton nickname. You had me going there for a minute.

You're very right about Vidal. He's been very productive--until tonight. But there's time.

A disappointing top of the eighth. Torreyes walked and was out stealing. That was it.

Jose Marizan in to pitch. He's a bit older than the guys who preceded him.

Marizan wild-pitches in a run. He had retired the first two batters before a couple singles. Then a single drives in another.

Reds will need two to tie in the ninth.

That Torreyes kid is making me a huge fan. Goodness he can hit.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    That Torreyes kid is making me a huge fan. Goodness he can hit.
    I think he's a top-10 in the organization. Even at 17. (Actually, he's 18 Thursday.)

Billings is still tied in the 10th. Arico went three innings, and Drew Hayes is completing his second. Yorman has two hits.

I think the box-score dude in Arizona knocked off early.

Well, scratch that about Hayes completing his second inning for Billings. Didn't quite. Mustangs lose 3-2 in ten.

Turn Off Ads?