Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New NBC Series: Persons Unknown

New NBC Series: Persons Unknown

A new TV series on NBC Monday nights at 10. Premiered last week, but I didn't catch it, so I just now hulu'd it. Looked pretty good.

Basically, a group of seemingly random people from around the country wake up in an abandoned town where security cameras are always watching. There's no way out of the town, as when they pass a certain point a tranquilizer implant goes off.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Persons Unknown

Sounds interesting. Now working on doing the same thing you did.

Missed most of the show tonight due to weather interruptions... will have to catch this one on Hulu too.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Is there a new number 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Is there a new number 2?
    You are number Six
    Go Gators!

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I am a free man!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Don't be looking for this at 10 tonight. NBC moved it to 8. I missed it! Will have to HULU it tomorrow.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: New NBC Series: Persons Unknown

We got caught up on this show over the weekend watching the first 4 episodes on-demand. Now, we're hooked.

I read elsewhere that it has extremely low ratings and may not survive the summer.
    /r/reds

It's being moved again to Saturday at 8. I could only think that a move from to 10 to 8, and then from Monday to Saturday, would be because it's doing very well, but they could be trying to get more people to watch it by putting it there if it has low ratings. Really hope they keep it on the air. If they do get rid of it, they have to release publicly the rest of the plot. You can't leave us hanging!

This thread peaked my interest, so I checked it out on HULU and just finished the 4th episode......now I'm hooked.

From reading up on it, doesn't sound like there is any chance it will get a second season as the ratings are very low. What is interesting is that the series was filmed in it's entirety before a network had even picked it up. NBC bought the rights to it after the creators of the series presented the season to them. 13 episodes have been made though and it sounds like they all will be shown, one way or another.

A few of the actors are pretty weak IMO, but overall I really like it. Love the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    This thread peaked my interest, so I checked it out on HULU and just finished the 4th episode......now I'm hooked.

From reading up on it, doesn't sound like there is any chance it will get a second season as the ratings are very low. What is interesting is that the series was filmed in it's entirety before a network had even picked it up. NBC bought the rights to it after the creators of the series presented the season to them. 13 episodes have been made though and it sounds like they all will be shown, one way or another.

A few of the actors are pretty weak IMO, but overall I really like it. Love the concept.
    I watch quite a bit of television and I hadn't even heard of the show. Did I conveniently miss the commercials every time I went to the bathroom or grab a snack? I suppose, I did. Either way, I'll go on hulu and check it out sometime. Were the ratings that low? Where do they actually show those statistics? I've always been curious.

This is not on tonight. It will be on Saturday, July 17, and every Saturday after that through September 4th, except August 14th, on which it will be preempted by a gymnastics competition.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

If you have On-Demand on your cable, you might be able to see Episode 6 there before it airs tomorrow. Apparently word didn't filter down to the cable operators and they loaded this week's episode as if it had aired on Monday night. We watched it on Tuesday.
    /r/reds

Wow. What an awful finale. Absolutely wretched. I would say go watch it yourself, but don't: it isn't worth the time. I'll make it short and sweet: They escaped, Janet gets to see her daughter, but Janet's mom is with The Program, and apparently a personal friend of Madame Director. They're all apparently re-captured by The Program, as Janet finds herself back in what appears to be the same hotel room back in The Town. The whole group, minus Joe, is there. They all go down the elevator, but when they come out, the original night manager (the one Joe beat severely, not Ulrich) is there, and says "Welcome to Level 2". They appear to be on a large ship of some kind. Meanwhile, Joe, Mark Cooper, and a group of strangers wake up in "The Town". Torii is back, as the night manager there. It also appears the Madame Director has superiors, or at least a council of equals. Not really any answers though. Oh, and Kat ended up in a cage somewhere. The Italian Ambassador was there too.

Turn Off Ads?