Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thoughts on last night's game

thoughts on last night's game

Well it was an interesting game. It was nice to see chapman make his debut, but lets also remember the 3 guys he faced were not incredible talents, I doubt much better then the AAA talent he has been facing. I would to see him tonight face Prince, Hart and a couple of their good hitters.

The throw Votto made should have never been made. The sure out was at 1st with a 4 run lead. That lead runner ment nothing. What happens if he doesn’t make that through, then the Brewers have runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

I am scared to death that Bruce’s “tweak” is more then just that. I fear either it’s his appendix or he got injuried in the post game celebration.

Phillips must be really bad, he has now missed 5 games.

Why are the Reds not calling up Ballentine(sp) the OF from AAA?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: thoughts on last night's game

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Well it was an interesting game. It was nice to see chapman make his debut, but lets also remember the 3 guys he faced were not incredible talents, I doubt much better then the AAA talent he has been facing. I would to see him tonight face Prince, Hart and a couple of their good hitters.

The throw Votto made should have never been made. The sure out was at 1st with a 4 run lead. That lead runner ment nothing. What happens if he doesn’t make that through, then the Brewers have runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

I am scared to death that Bruce’s “tweak” is more then just that. I fear either it’s his appendix or he got injuried in the post game celebration.

Damn dude why are you such a debbie downer this morning? Enjoy this ride while its happening, you never know whats going to happen next but that life, and unlike everything else this team is allow us just to live in the moment, soak it in cause the backups are doing great, and that is what is making this team great, they are gelled and playing as a team, even the backups.

is this thread a joke or something?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    is this thread a joke or something?
    LOL ... it's gotta be.

Um, excuse me?

At least he's not starting 29 threads a day anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    At least he's not starting 29 threads a day anymore.
    Well you can tell just how hard it is for him to find negative things to say that he has been forced to post about basically nothing.

It is great, you got to see not only a win, but Chapman's debut. 8 pitches, 7 strikes.

1. It's hard to hit a fastball over 100mph no matter who you are. Doesn't matter if you are Bill Bergen or if you are Ty Cobb, you're not going to hit a 100+mph fastball with consistency if Chapman has control of it.

2. Oh, so an All-Star can't make a nice play every once in a while? He had the dude nailed at second as long as he didn't overthrow that ball. If this was little league, yeah he shouldn't of gone to second. But this is the big leagues, the only thing really special about that play was the stop.

3. He'll be back in the lineup tonight, I'm almost positive of it.

4. MRI's were negative. He's fine, it was just a bruise.

5. Why would they?

The best thing about Chapman is that even when he has a bad outing we will be treated to the headline "Cuban Missile Crisis" on the internets the following day; which will make everyone happy. So even when we lose, we'll win.

I made a really great dinner last night, but I'm worried that it's going to suck as leftovers, so I'm pretty bummed about that. I mean, it could be good, but it could also be terrible and give me food poisoning and then I'd have to go to the hospital, which means dealing with insurance and getting that mess all paid for.

And I drove into work today, which was a dumb idea because other drivers are idiots and any one of them could have driven right into me and crushed my door and crushed my leg, and then I'd have to get a fake leg, and probably new glasses also, because the airbag would totally have jacked up my face. Then no one would want to talk to me--like they do, anyway, because, apparently I'm too chipper--

blah blah blah...

cheer up!

Colin Cowherd, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Quatitos View Post
    Well you can tell just how hard it is for him to find negative things to say that he has been forced to post about basically nothing.
    How is a bad choice by Votto not something? yes we got lucky and the out was made, and thankfully the game wasn't close. We are talking about fundementals here, you get the out at first no matter what when you are up by 4 in the 9th.

How is worrying about Bruce sitting out not an issue? He is the hottest hitter on the team and there is a good chance he is going to miss some games. You don't remove your hottest hitter unless there is something serious at foot. Same with Brandon, you are not going to sit your top infielder at this point of the season if there isn't something more then just a bruised wrist. Without Bruce and Phillips I question if this team can hold on and win the division given the games it still has left, especially on the road.

Also, being short on OF and given how badly Gomes has played over the past month or so, why not bring up Balentine?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsLvr View Post
    1. It's hard to hit a fastball over 100mph no matter who you are. Doesn't matter if you are Bill Bergen or if you are Ty Cobb, you're not going to hit a 100+mph fastball with consistency if Chapman has control of it.

2. Oh, so an All-Star can't make a nice play every once in a while? He had the dude nailed at second as long as he didn't overthrow that ball. If this was little league, yeah he shouldn't of gone to second. But this is the big leagues, the only thing really special about that play was the stop.

3. He'll be back in the lineup tonight, I'm almost positive of it.

4. MRI's were negative. He's fine, it was just a bruise.

5. Why would they?
    Do you really think great hitters can't hit 100 mph fastballs?

It was a bad decision to make the throw to second given his position on the field and how he was basically laying down. YOU get the for sure out at 1st. That is smart basic baseball.

The Red's said the MRI's were negative, gee the Nationals said the MRI on Strausberg the first time were negative...how did that go?

Hmm could it be that Gomes sucks right now and is a black hole defense wise in LF, Bruce is out and might be out a number of games which leave us with a limited OF. You can expand the rosters today, so what harm is there to call him up? What we might lose Danny H?

Do you really think great hitters can't hit 100 mph fastballs?

It was a bad decision to make the throw to second given his position on the field and how he was basically laying down. YOU get the for sure out at 1st. That is smart basic baseball.

The Red's said the MRI's were negative, gee the Nationals said the MRI on Strausberg the first time were negative...how did that go?

Hmm could it be that Gomes sucks right now and is a black hole defense wise in LF, Bruce is out and might be out a number of games which leave us with a limited OF. You can expand the rosters today, so what harm is there to call him up? What we might lose Danny H?
    1. I said you can't with consistency, if you think you can then you're retarded.

2. No, it was the right decision.

3. Stausberg had an MRI on his arm, and he is a pitcher. That comparison was retarded.

4. Gomes sucks right now? You talking about the same Gomes whose been hitting nearly .300 this week? And like I said, Bruce will be back at the Cardinals series at the latest.

Turn Off Ads?