Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MIA

Re: MIA

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I sure hope is wrist is near 100% because if not you are looking at either reinjury of lack of power with the bat. The hitting is where the injury is going to reveal itself...
    yet you think we should have put him on the Dl even though we are allowed to have 40 guys up and hes only missed 6 games...

or maybe you were just wrong?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    yet you think we should have put him on the Dl even though we are allowed to have 40 guys up and hes only missed 6 games...

or maybe you were just wrong?
    I believe I advocating DL him before Sept 1 when the rosters expanded, and yes when he was hit the next day he should have been DL'ed.

brm....we have sucked donkey butt for 10 years....we are not going to go from horse turds to perfume in 1 year....it is going to take time, we are a small market team, this rebuild has been done right and we are going to contend for the foreseeable future......this year we might not kill those that are above us....but we are seeing what it takes and we are putting a team together of guys who can beat those ATL's, PHillies, Padres.....it takes time brm. it takes time. enjoy the process

I'm really glad to hear Phillips is back, but I would have been more surprised had he not been in the lineup for this series.

Walt has an "A" in my book for this year. Like someone else said, there was absolutely no downside in giving some guys a shot for little money. It didn't cost us players, and if it worked out then awesome. Dickerson had no future with this team so trading him for Edmonds was worth it, especially when you see the impact Edmonds has had with some of our younger outfielders.

Too many people focus on the numbers part of this game when it's obvious that there is more that has changed around here than just numbers. Walt and Dusty have changed a losing atmosphere to a winning one. Dusty constantly puts guys in positions to succeed and our guys usually respond well...you can also see it in the players how much they love playing this year. Those all sound like dumb things to give people credit for, but compared to what we've had its not.

We can break down headscratcher moves Dusty or Walt have made, but at the end of the day, the product they've given us has a shot to have the best record in the league. Dusty deserves an extension, without him we aren't where we are right now.

Turn Off Ads?