Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nyjer Morgan's a nut!!

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Nyjer Morgan's a nut!!

1. Last week he gets in an argument with a fan and ends up throwing a ball that hits another fan

2. Over the weekend, he, after scoring, hits the Cards catcher, who's standing way over in the other batter's box Here's this one.

3. Last night he PUMMELS the Marlins catcher when it was unnecessary, separating his left shoulder. Here's that.

4. Tonight, Marlins bean him, he takes his medicine. Next AB, they throw behind him he charges the mound. As he walks off the field, he raises his arms. You'd have to see it to get it. Here

Dude's just a nut. He was moved from 1st to 8th in the lineup right before all this started. Maybe he was irritated 'cause of that. I don't know.

BTW, was one of the best brawls I've ever seen. Gabby Sanchez.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nyjer Morgan's a nut!!

You missed one, he stole 2nd and 3rd uncontested after getting pegged tonight in a blowout game. Probably rubbed the Marlins the wrong way, even though they were winning.

He's an idiot. He should get a severe penalty.

Oh yeah, there's that too.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Not to defend Morgan here for everything, but here's my take on all the above:

1) I've been to Philly. I've attended Reds/Phils games there, and Phillies fans are the worst fans I've ever encountered in any sporting venue. They're worse than drunk West Virginia students at football games in Morgantown (to be fair to West Virginia football fans, their non-student fans were very nice). Morgan shouldn't have done what he did, but at the same time I'm amazed player/fan stuff doesn't happen more often in Philly with as bad as it is.

2) I'm cool with anybody trying to take out the Cardinals.

3) I actually don't think Morgan's collision with the catcher was a bad play. Watching the replay, the third base coach is sending Morgan all the way. The ball was likely going to beat Morgan to the plate so there's two options, slide or plow him. Morgan chose to plow him, and while the catcher held on to the ball, it was a typical home plate collision.

4) Morgan gets drilled once and heads over to first like he should. Then he promptly steals second and third. You know what? If I get drilled intentionally, I'm looking to steal too. That's how you get your piece of the pie back. Florida throws behind him during his next plate appearance, and well, it's game on.

There are certain teams that if Nyjer Morgan was playing for and helping them win consistently, he'd be called a competitive gamer who's trying to go out there and win any way possible. But instead he plays for a last place Washington club so the story has to be told the other way around.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

There's no doubt he's crazy, but that was awesome lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

MLB should just suspended him for the year and make him get some help with his anger. Do it with pay to appease the union if you must. He's a danger to himself and others right now. Can't have that.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I'm so tired of collisions at home. Unless the catcher is in the middle of the basepath, there is no excuse for it.

I'm glad to see the entire Marlins infield just take him down.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I kept looking for the Big Donkey in that fight, couldn't find him?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I kept looking for the Big Donkey in that fight, couldn't find him?
    Dunn entered the scrum from the left but was pulled out and down surprisingly quickly.

Dunner was in there. Wasn't in the very middle, but he was in the pile on the outer edge.

Nyjer is a nut, but he did absolutely nothing wrong in this series.

The collision last night was unnecessary but not terrible. Tonight... so he stole bases? Big deal. I'm tired of the "unwritten" rules. He got plunked and down 11 runs he decided to steal. If teams don't want him to steal bases... throw him out.

Morgan is a nut. No doubt about it. But I am having a hard time blaming him for anything he did in Florida.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Is there any history with this guy though? I mean he's essentially gone from Chris Dickerson to Milton Bradley in the course of a week.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Is there any history with this guy though? I mean he's essentially gone from Chris Dickerson to Milton Bradley in the course of a week.
    He grew up a hockey player, and IIRC, was pretty good. Pro potential had he stayed with it. Hockey players aren't exactly docile.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Gabby Sanchez gave him a cheap shot. Guy is small and he stood up to the pitcher who had 4 inches on him...then Sanchez nails him with a shot ....tough guy that Sanchez. He had a inch or 2 on Morgan as well as maybe 20 lbs.

Dunn was there trying to pull people off.

It used to be that you could hit a C when you were tying to score. The Marlins C saw what was coming. I saw Brian Jordan law a forearm on a Catcher in ATL....and he got up all full of himself. Everyone said it was clean...even the catcher...I did not think it was considering Jordan was a football player to begin with. But nothing happened after that....no one got thrown at. That was a worse collision that this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm so tired of collisions at home. Unless the catcher is in the middle of the basepath, there is no excuse for it.
    The collision at the plate is one of the most exciting plays in the game of baseball. Norm Charlton taking out Mike Sciocia (sp?) was one of my favorite baseball memories. That said, I'd like to see the rules tightened to protect catchers. Really, I'd like to see a slide made mandatory. There is no reason to endanger some young man's career by a cheapshot hothead blasting into some catcher concentrating on a throw to the plate.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?