Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doyel on the Reds

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Doyel on the Reds

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/1...sful-reds-team

Good read!

As for the Reds? The worm has turned, my friends. The Reds are going to win this season, and they're going to win next season, and they're going to win for a lot of years. Doesn't matter that ESPN Radio star Colin Cowherd called the team "frauds" a few weeks ago. Cowherd was wrong, dead wrong, but it's hard to blame him that much. The Reds are almost never on national television. They don't get much attention from anyone outside of the 513 area code. Well, not until recently.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Doyell on the Reds

thanks, good read, though I imagine some on here will have problems with the couch references.

Wait, why was Joe Morgan naked in the clubhouse?????

These are things we need to know!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

That was a surprisingly good read; Doyel usually just tries to stir the pot.

A lot of folks out there are taking potshots at the Reds attendance, and Doyel comes up with this gem:

Fans aren't coming to the ballpark in masses, but that's not a fair measuring stick. Less than 20,000 fans showed up Tuesday or Wednesday, but the Reds' crowd of 19,218 on Tuesday was the seventh-biggest turnout of the 15 MLB games that night -- and on the season the Reds are outdrawing the NL West-leading Padres. The economy sucks everywhere, but the weather is better in San Diego. Cincinnati does what it can to support this team. It always has.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

National media seems genuinely happy to see a fresh face possibly entering the playoffs, especially in a baseball town like Cincinnati.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    That was a surprisingly good read; Doyel usually just tries to stir the pot.

A lot of folks out there are taking potshots at the Reds attendance, and Doyel comes up with this gem:
    That's a good quote. It seems like the media likes to jump on the small market teams when they win by taking potshots at their attendance.

I don't think the Reds will have problems selling out playoff games like the Braves have had over the years.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    National media seems genuinely happy to see a fresh face possibly entering the playoffs, especially in a baseball town like Cincinnati.
    Reds vs Rangers. Hamilton vs Volquez at high noon....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

To me, the "Dunn and Jr. are lazy" canards ruined what otherwise would've been a decent article.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

All the sudden it's we? In his past few articles about the Bengals I'm pretty sure he didn't use that word.

His bandwagon shenanigans aside, it's a good article.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Wait, why was Joe Morgan naked in the clubhouse?????

These are things we need to know!
    He needed to work out or something.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Sorry, Pittsburgh. Not sure it will ever be you.
    Man, that is just cold.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I'd love that. Would also love a Reds/Rays world series. It's got to be everything the major networks have nightmares about.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If they're healthy enough. Hamilton's out with a sore knee again. He's had two cortisone shots already this year, which is usually the max during a season (at least according to the article I was reading ... I'm not a Dr.). But he may get another.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I'd love that. Would also love a Reds/Rays world series. It's got to be everything the major networks have nightmares about.
    It would be much easier for me to delight in a trouncing of the Rangers.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    To me, the "Dunn and Jr. are lazy" canards ruined what otherwise would've been a decent article.
    I agree 100%. Decent article, but I didn't like the potshots at Griffey and Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?