Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Cochran to AAA.

Re: Tom Cochran to AAA.

I don't care about handedness or velocity. I care about effectiveness. Jukich has proven he can be much more effective than Cochran. Cochran didn't even pitch 3 innings in the playoffs last year before getting pulled. And he gave up 6 ER.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I don't care about handedness or velocity. I care about effectiveness. Jukich has proven he can be much more effective than Cochran. Cochran didn't even pitch 3 innings in the playoffs last year before getting pulled. And he gave up 6 ER.
    Lets not pretend that guys don't have bad days or that Jukich hasn't done the exact same thing either. You seem to be basing your opinion on Cochran on one game. If the only time you ever say Jukich was on May 16, 2010 then I bet your opinion on him would differ (1.1ip, 4er). Guys have bad games sometimes.

No, I only mentioned one game. My opinion of him is based on all the times I've seen him pitch. To be fair, I did see him pitch a good game. Once.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lets not pretend that guys don't have bad days or that Jukich hasn't done the exact same thing either. You seem to be basing your opinion on Cochran on one game. If the only time you ever say Jukich was on May 16, 2010 then I bet your opinion on him would differ (1.1ip, 4er). Guys have bad games sometimes.
    Cochran did not have a good game in AAA. Here is his game log from last year as a bat, not including the terrible playoff game.

DATE G# OPP H/R DEC ERA G GS CG SHO SVO IP H R ER HR HB BB IBB SO BK WP GO/AO GIDP AVG AB TBF NP-S IR-IRS

08/28/2009 1 COL H 8.10 1 1 3.1 4 3 3 0 0 5 0 2 0 0 1.00 0 .308 13 19 84-48 10-4 W

09/02/2009 1 COL R W 4.15 1 1 5.1 8 3 1 0 0 1 0 4 0 0 0.73 0 .324 24 26 92-54 10-6 W

09/07/2009 1 IND H 3.07 1 1 6.0 6 1 1 0 0 3 0 6 0 0 0.72 1 .300 23 26 88-57 4-2 L

Here is a quote from one of the Indians hitters after the last game:

Post-game quotes -- 3B Tagg Bozied

(on all the Tribe hitters using the same bat during the beginning of the game)
    "To be honest with you it's the first time I've been on a team that it has taken this long for that to come up. It was kind of a last minute deal and Frank (Indians Manager Frank Kremblas) chose the chosen one, the chosen bat. Then the bat boy, who is from Louisville by the way, after we had only three hits through the first four or five innings mentioned that we should switch it up a little bit. After that we then went to our own bats and that's when we got the hits and made the comeback. At the very least the whole thing made us very comfortable for the second half of the game."

I've seen Cochran pitch maybe four times this year. My biggest observation through watching this guy is his mental make up when he gets in trouble. From what I recall he slows down and you can almost read his emotions out loud. When frustration sets in things go down hill. I've seen him bang the handle of the bat down after striking out and cracking the bat in half. I hope he can maintain his poise and stay focused on the job at hand. Personally, I believe he is a good AA pitcher but would stop short of saying I expect him to succeed at AAA just yet. For the record, I do hope he does well. He has done a good job here this year. Behind Klinker, he has been the go to guy in the rotation.
    Last edited by muddie; 09-02-2010 at 04:37 PM.

There are always places for herky-jerky lefthanders.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Turn Off Ads?