Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if Dusty jumps ship..

Re: What if Dusty jumps ship..

i like spier. dudes a baseball genius, dunno anything about his leadership skills though

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Walt is a bright guy,I'm sure he'll do what it takes to get Dusty back.Darn, he got B Cast to pony up the dough to get Chapman.
    Does he want Dusty back? After all, at some point, he deserves his own guy.

Joe Morgan

Those who are looking for major league experience should be reminded that Sparky Anderson had no major league experience and seems to have worked out. World Series victories in both leagues, and inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

I think Dusty will be back. I think with what has happened this year, they will want him back and he would not want to leave. If they do have to change, I would not want LaRussa, no way no how!!!!

Joe Torre. He has family ties to Cincy. If not him then Sweet Lou. Would be nice to bring him outta retirement and stick it to the Cubs just one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Red View Post
    Joe Torre. He has family ties to Cincy. If not him then Sweet Lou. Would be nice to bring him outta retirement and stick it to the Cubs just one more time.
    As far as Dusty is concerned ... good riddance. Torre is a great manager. That would be my vote. The Reds are in a position where I think they would do well with a young up and coming manager in the minors (like Jim Tracy when he came up). I can't think of any names, but with the Red's personal, I think that would be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I know it would sound crazy but I would not rule out TLR as someone that would take over the Reds. TLR looks like he is out after this season and with his ego, it wouldn't surprise me if he takes over the Reds to get back at the Cards organization that's going to release him. You also have to remember that Walt and TLR are very good friends. I know you guys don't like him but think about it like this. Where ever TLR goes, Dave Duncan goes. If Dave Duncan touches that Reds pitching staff, well your team will win several World Series this decade. It might be worth putting up with TLR's antics for Dave Duncan.
    I don't want anything to do with TLR even if it does bring Duncan to town. I'd take Duncan on his own and move Price to manager in a heartbeat, though.

Tony LaRussa's a putz.

Quote Originally Posted by demas863 View Post
    Does he want Dusty back? After all, at some point, he deserves his own guy.
    This season is a good indication on why they need him back.

Let him jump. The Reds are 7 in front despite him. Good example yesterday. Pujols is hitting .143 since the ankle injury so now is the time to pitch to him. He walked him on reputation only just like he batted Griffey 3rd on reputation only. Hope he leaves.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Call Larkin and see how hes doing.
    I would love, love, LOVE to see Barry Larkin as our manager. I think he would be great.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

takealeake

How about Trader Jack? I know he's like 80 now, but that guy could manage circles around Dusty. :

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Geez I don't get you guys.Winning team,winning attitude,players love playing for Dusty.A bright future for the organization and ya'll want to run the manager out of town.And taken into consideration the GM,Manager shuffle we have had for the last decade,I enjoy the continuity we have now.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotrod View Post
    Let him jump. The Reds are 7 in front despite him. Good example yesterday. Pujols is hitting .143 since the ankle injury so now is the time to pitch to him. He walked him on reputation only just like he batted Griffey 3rd on reputation only. Hope he leaves.
    Without Dusty Baker the Reds are not leading this division right now, period.

His gameday gaffes are offset by the leadership in the locker room that has kept this team resilient all year long.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Turn Off Ads?